Raceflight Revolt

SSgt Duramax

Are these worth the gamble? I am still learning about flight controllers, but I also realize that at the inexpensive price point that they would probably be bought up already if there weren't something undesirable about them. From what I understand, you can use quad flight controllers on RC planes, but maybe this one isn't flexible with different firmwares or whatever. Any ideas? If it is worth it, I'll pick up a couple. If it isn't, I'll pass and buy a matek.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/racefli...przhKIhDeYzHThxSyeNUd2F-fsVWN3-hoCHGgQAvD_BwE

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I would steer clear. The download links are broken. The brand was sketchy at best, with a huge hype machine.

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member
RaceFlight was rebranded to FlightOne. I know the Revolt V3 is compatible with FlightOne but not sure about the V2. It will work with betaflight if you wanted to flash it to that. It is missing some of the more common features of present day FCs like OSD. If want a cheap F4 without OSD you can use the Betaflight target REVOLT with it.

L Edge

Master member
Looking at Fc's, I would suggest first figure out what you want to do with it.

The biggest advantage is that you can control motors where gyros only do servos. You can even fly a flat foam board with two motors. Sky is the limit. I used open aero where you phased control surfaces during transition from vertical flight to horizontal.

Badness is the time and effort needed to understand how to use the FC and the endless hours of programming it getting it right.
Before you buy a board, you need lots of documentation so you can wade thru problems from computer(downloading,flashing,etc) to how to programming mixes( differential thrust) to power supply etc.
Next, you will need a forum or others who can help you.

So, pick something where there is loads of help available. Just like that board you showed, no sales, it's dropped. Same with Open aero 2 board and software. Not enough users, it's gone. Glad I collected over 100pages of docs. Still use it today.

SSgt Duramax

Thanks, I am gonna pass on it. I just ended up buying a matek one. You can spend a ton of time or money trying to get the "cheap" diamond in the rough working, where as you can just buy what everyone else is using, and have good support.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Thanks, I am gonna pass on it. I just ended up buying a matek one. You can spend a ton of time or money trying to get the "cheap" diamond in the rough working, where as you can just buy what everyone else is using, and have good support.
I have a TON of matek boards. GOOD STUFF.

SSgt Duramax

I have a TON of matek boards. GOOD STUFF.

Yeah, I have a cheapie sparrow one on the way just for fencing and RTH on my wing mainly just to increase the safety factor, and I am going to throw the MATEK one on my UAV and have some fun with it. There are a couple of neat routes I could plot out and maintain LOS and not be over any real property near where I live. Plus, I'll have the ability to do aerial surveillance in the zombie apocalypse too. I figure they must be good, you never see them for sale in any classifieds. That is either a really good sign (people like them and keep them), a really bad sign (people just throw them in the trash), or they could just be like me, and don't feel like selling stuff under $20 online and dealing with shipping and all the associated malarkey.

I quit doing that when someone filed a paypal claim for a $15 window switch which was working when I sent it to them. I had to eat the cost of the switch and the shipping, just to find out later they broke it trying to install it. It would have been easier/cheaper just to chunk it in the trash.