Racerstar 4 in 1 ESC receiver always in bind mode.

Graknil

I am building a V-tail Hunter Quadcopter I used a Racerstar StarF4S 30A 4 in 1 ESC/Flight Controller upgraded to betaflight 3.2 and an Orange r617xl receiver. I bound the rx to my Devo 7E before the build and it bound fine. But now that the leads are soldered to the flight controller whenever I recycle power the receiver goes into bind mode. It seems to bind (for all of the good it does considering it resets each time I power it on) the light stops the fast flash and goes solid when I select bind on my transmitter. But the flight controller gets no signal. I did NOT use the betafligt CLI to bind the receiver and I ran a dump and verified that these functions are all set to off or 0. Additionally I thought it might be a poor solder job but with the signal and ground pads separated by that 5V+ I don't believe it is simple as the connection. Does anyone have any insight into what might cause this behavior. Could the flight controller be defective oddly when I check the flight controller for continuity between the signal and ground pads I don't get any. I don't know why my rx is going into bind.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Not sure how you have things connected, but note that this is not a Spektrum serial based receiver it is CPPM so it has to be connected to the PPM port on the FC, not a UART, and configured as such in Betaflight.

Graknil

Banggood Schematic

I can attach pictures of the build but this picture from banggood shows the PPM and SBUS both using the same points.
I have re-soldered the connection several times to make sure it is good.

7448e1e3-72db-42d4-8cf9-2bd2c7a8c553.jpg

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Unusual setup. Make sure that your receiver type is set to CPPM, and that none of the ports have SerialRx enabled.

rywes

Hey Graknil, did you end up figuring this out? I'm having the same problem and any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you