Radian glider over the Isle of Wight coastline

Very nice Paul, we were on the island last August and found a couple of lovely spots to fly down on the beech where we were staying, practically empty all day, I only had the spark and a tiny trainer, will be bring better stuff back this year, such a lovely place to fly :)
I wonder if that was Compton Bay ..or anywhere along that SW coastline? Even in the height of summer in the evening you can usually find a quiet bit of beach. I think with a low spring tide and calm conditions it would be nice fly around there. I will try to get there myself this year.

I normally fly on a farm at afton I no the manager pretty well so I have lots of fields but any field will do I was at bouldnor wreck today near yarmouth and could of easily of flown there. I'm very tempted to get out Compton way with the drone and spit
Perhaps in the next calm spell we can meet up. I could get some tips on your spitfire build! Also might be nice for me to try a bit of ground to air filming. ...Paul

IanSR

I wonder if that was Compton Bay ..or anywhere along that SW coastline? Even in the height of summer in the evening you can usually find a quiet bit of beach. I think with a low spring tide and calm conditions it would be nice fly around there. I will try to get there myself this year.

I think it was a place called Freshwater, just down from the Needles, stone beech like Brighton in a cove with a small island just offshore, there was just us and one other family on the whole beech and suprisingly they had no issues with me flying a drone near them when I asked.

Hyper46havoc

Perhaps in the next calm spell we can meet up. I could get some tips on your spitfire build! Also might be nice for me to try a bit of ground to air filming. ...Paul
Yes I have a hobbyking navy cub I need to maiden me and my brother get out a fair bit now weather's getting better so will have to sort something. He has a fair bit of filming stuff would be good to have another plane in the air with us

Yes I have a hobbyking navy cub I need to maiden me and my brother get out a fair bit now weather's getting better so will have to sort something. He has a fair bit of filming stuff would be good to have another plane in the air with us

paulknights99@gmail.com …..get in touch when there's a decent bit of calm weather and we'll meet up. Paul (Ventnor)
BTW I just posted on YouTube a clip from a few years ago (my youngest son filmed it on his phone)...me flying a scratchbuild Mikeys RC trainer;- Mikeys RC Trainer flight...