Radian Pro

theepicflyer

So i have a problem here.

At my place, there is a looooooooooooooot of wind...

And on my first flight on my Raduian Pro on DX7s, I flew into the wind.

And the wind blew it and it was practically floating, level and all...
So now should I fly into the wind or with it?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Well, if you fly with the wind, you'll have problems during launch, and as soon as you gain lift you'll have a super fast airplane going away from you.

Are there any hills or cliffs nearby? With all that wind you should try slope soaring!

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
The Radian is not a speed monster....
You cant fly if the wind is faster than the model.
Try to fínd a slope where the wind is directed upwards instead of horizontally if you want to fly when it is a loooooot of wind.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
yesterday i flew with 18 kt winds !! it was a fun experience: hand launched and the model stayed static (flying) 1 meter from me !

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Funny that everyone uses different speeds.
On the road, in the air, weather forecast, Standard or imperial units.
speed.png
Up to 10 m/s are "normal" and there are normally no discussions if there are any competitions.
I am normally flying up to 15 m/s if i use a trainer or something with a good motor.
Slope flying is "best" between 7-15 m/s but i am comfortable up to about 20 m/s. Light gliders can slope down to about 3 m/s and racers don't have any upper limit as i know but local conditions can destroy the lift at high wind speeds.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey, Wind is fun once you get used to it.
Today I was out flying the Sensei, in 25-30 Mph winds!
the cool part is, you can land going backwards, and get up to about 90 with the wind.
the inverted autonomous landing was cool to.:black_eyed:
Foam Addict.

theepicflyer

yesterday i flew with 18 kt winds !! it was a fun experience: hand launched and the model stayed static (flying) 1 meter from me !

Which was exactly what happened to me...

Up to 10 m/s are "normal" and there are normally no discussions if there are any competitions.
I am normally flying up to 15 m/s if i use a trainer or something with a good motor.
Slope flying is "best" between 7-15 m/s but i am comfortable up to about 20 m/s. Light gliders can slope down to about 3 m/s and racers don't have any upper limit as i know but local conditions can destroy the lift at high wind speeds.

Hey, Wind is fun once you get used to it.
Today I was out flying the Sensei, in 25-30 Mph winds!
the cool part is, you can land going backwards, and get up to about 90 with the wind.
the inverted autonomous landing was cool to.
Foam Addict.

Yeah but I'm a newbie...

Well, if you fly with the wind, you'll have problems during launch, and as soon as you gain lift you'll have a super fast airplane going away from you.

Are there any hills or cliffs nearby? With all that wind you should try slope soaring!

Actually the plac I'm flying is a grassy patch surrounded by 5 metre hill..
Im fly on the hill sometimes yeah

Other than that : no