Radian UMX binding to Spektrum DX6

roctreese1

Greetings to all! I just received a Radian UMX for my birthday. I have not messed with planes for quite a few years and excited to get this thing in the air. When I try to bind it is not working, acts like the receiver and transmitter are not talking to each other. When I had planes in the past, I slightly remember you had to jumper the receiver with a shorting bar to get into the binding mode. Is this not necessary with this plane? I followed the instructions and even the troubleshooting steps and it will not bind. I'm thinking the plane may have a problem and needs to go back to Amazon? Thanks for any advice!

Bricks

Master member
Is the receiver going into bind mode blinking lights? Are you holding your transmitter to close to the plane during bind. I always put my body between me and the plane.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
For the UMX planes, no bind plug is needed. Plug the battery into the plane, wait several seconds until the red light on the receiver is flashing, and then, with the transmitter about 5 feet away put the transmitter into bind mode. On some of the UMX planes, you have to set them flat on the ground for a couple of seconds for the AS3X to activate.

roctreese1

I set the plane on the ground, turned around, walked about 10ft from the plane. The receiver in the plane is blinking, I held the bind button on the xmitter in while powering the xmitter on. The bind light on the xmitter went off after a few seconds, but the plane is still blinking. I bet the receiver has a problem.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I set the plane on the ground, turned around, walked about 10ft from the plane. The receiver in the plane is blinking, I held the bind button on the xmitter in while powering the xmitter on. The bind light on the xmitter went off after a few seconds, but the plane is still blinking. I bet the receiver has a problem.
What transmitter are you using?

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Here's a thought... Go into the frame rate menu in system settings and make sure you are running DSMX 22ms, some TXes are set up to run 11ms, but most of the basic DSMX RXes, especially found in UMX planes just can't handle that, and are not compatible. you could also try switching the protocol from DSMX to DSM2. Doesn't seem like that is the issue but anything that could be changed is worth a shot. Happy flying!

roctreese1

I don't know how to get to that setting. I don't see that listed in the manual. I received a new plane thinking the first one had a receiver problem, but the new one does not respond either. I must have a setting wind in the transmitter, or this DX6 is an older model transmitter will not work with these new radian UMX planes. I'm dead in the water I have no freaking idea what to do now. I was going to do a reset of the transmitter and I'm falling along the directions and says hold the scroll and increase buttons up while turning on the transmitter use the channel button to get to the reset setting and then hold up the scroll and increase buttons at the same time it should reset but it's not resetting I don't know what's going on.

Bricks

Master member
Do you have any other plane that has a receiver that the transmitter works with? If your DX6 is a gen one they had some issues with the RF deck I had to send mine in for repair.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Do you have a local hobby shop? If so, take the plane and transmitter to them and see if they can test them for you.