RadicalRC lasercut tricopter frames: the prototype

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Hey majik,
tri-copter and quad-copters are both WAY more stable than most heli traditional helis. As far as multi-rotors go, it seems the more props, the more stable. The biggest difference that I noticed between tri & quad is that the tri-copter will yaw quicker because of the vectoring tail. Tri's are a little bit less stable than a quad when it comes to gathering really smooth video from an onboard camera, for instance, when you try to "park" a tricopter in a perfect hover it tends to not stay as still as a quad. You can do really nice stuff from a tri, but the quad in my humble opinion seems to be a tad bit smoother. Could just be me though. For FPV, they both do a great job. Hope this helps.....there is a ton of info on here about tri-copters. I am going to start a thread on my quad here pretty soon. :)
Eric

+1
Nothing to add.
I hope to see your build thread soon Eric.

I have 4 multirotor projects pending now ..

1) mid size tricopter (RadicalRC)
2) a 'David v2.5' version for FPV
3) mini indoor quadcopter (BlueSkyRc)
4) carbon fiber sports quad (Hobbyking)

I need more gear and ... more spare time !!!! ;-)
Burg.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Hey majik,

tri-copter and quad-copters are both WAY more stable than most heli traditional helis. As far as multi-rotors go, it seems the more props, the more stable. The biggest difference that I noticed between tri & quad is that the tri-copter will yaw quicker because of the vectoring tail. Tri's are a little bit less stable than a quad when it comes to gathering really smooth video from an onboard camera, for instance, when you try to "park" a tricopter in a perfect hover it tends to not stay as still as a quad. You can do really nice stuff from a tri, but the quad in my humble opinion seems to be a tad bit smoother. Could just be me though. For FPV, they both do a great job. Hope this helps.....there is a ton of info on here about tri-copters. I am going to start a thread on my quad here pretty soon. :)

Eric

Thanks for the info. I just may have to build a quad for the stability for some video. You guys to an awesome job and are performing a great service by promoting this hobby so well.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Thanks for the info. I just may have to build a quad for the stability for some video. You guys to an awesome job and are performing a great service by promoting this hobby so well.
Thanks a bunch!!!

YW !
Whenever you need info, installation tips, shopping lists, help during builds, assistance, etc .. just ask.
But be carefull .. it's very addicting when you build something like this and it actually works !!
.. before you know it your hanger is full with these things ;-)
Burg.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
YW !
Whenever you need info, installation tips, shopping lists, help during builds, assistance, etc .. just ask.
But be carefull .. it's very addicting when you build something like this and it actually works !!
.. before you know it your hanger is full with these things ;-)
Burg.

Before you know it, your room is a hangar.

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
+1
Nothing to add.
I hope to see your build thread soon Eric.

I have 4 multirotor projects pending now ..

1) mid size tricopter (RadicalRC)
2) a 'David v2.5' version for FPV
3) mini indoor quadcopter (BlueSkyRc)
4) carbon fiber sports quad (Hobbyking)

I need more gear and ... more spare time !!!! ;-)
Burg.

Hey Burg! I will hopefully have some time here soon to get it going. I am building a second quad frame (which I will also show in the thread) and I am working on my "top secret" project as well. ;) I am also deciding whether or not to fix my tri-copter and get her flying again, or use the board for my new project. Might fix the tri, and just buy another board for the new ship. I also want to design and build a sport quad, that will run on 10 amp esc's with blue-wonder brushless motors. so that I have something to play with indoors. we'll see. :)

Eric

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman

Thanks a bunch!!!

No prob man, we are all learning from one another. As far as quads go, I LOVE MINE. I am building a second frame now. (all wood this time around) instead of metal like my first one. I am excited to see how it flies in comparison to my metal frame design. will post pics soon. (it should be a beast.....I have 4 e-flite park 450's that will be powering it) :)