Radio from Quad

jack10525

A while back I bought a quad racer 280 RTF. In my opinion it was a nice little drone. It flew very well but had no auto controls like most seem to have now. Anyway, I flew it quite a few times and crashed it a lot. I replaced one motor but then another one died. I decided to just use the parts on other projects. So I took out the receiver and installed it on a test plane set up. I plugged in the servos to 1,2 and 4 and esc to 3 on receiver but couldn't get any response. Sticks had no control over servos or motor. Is this radio system set up for the quad only and not reconfigurable? There are no programming switches on the radio. I was hoping I could use this as a backup.

jack10525

Yes. It lights up and gets power. One of the switches on the radio will move a servo. It' either the 5 or 6 slot on the receiver.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
With a quad only one ESC supplies power, usually. Is it possible that your Rx is not supplying power to the servos on channels 1, 2 & 4. The test would be, see if the ESC can power the Rx on one of those channels. If it can, that blows my theory.

jack10525

With a quad only one ESC supplies power, usually. Is it possible that your Rx is not supplying power to the servos on channels 1, 2 & 4. The test would be, see if the ESC can power the Rx on one of those channels. If it can, that blows my theory.

Yes the motor only powers up on channels 5 and 6.

jack10525

Is there a separate flight controller, or is it build into the Rx?

Not sure. The rx/tx looks like a standard unit. There is a board that the motors are soldered into. It looks like this may be the combo esc/flight controller.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yes the motor only powers up on channels 5 and 6.
So channels 1, 2 & 4 will not power the Rx, right? Then I’m guessing the positive pin on those channels is not connected. I’m guessing your servos will work, if you supply positive to them.