Radio Master TX16S & OMP T720 & S720

alan0043

After you powered up your plane, you should hold the bind button a few seconds, is the blue led blinking fast? Then you bind the transmitter and the led must stop blinking and give solid blue light, if this isn't happening and the led keeps blinking, than you selected the wrong protocol or maybe your internal module is not updated?

Thank you for the reply. The plane does go from a fast blinking blue light to a slow blinking blue light after I hit the bind button but no solid blue light. The version of the firmware is 2.3.11 (01-08-2021) in my transmitter. OMP does show up in the list of protocols.

Bifi.baarlo

Thank you for the reply. The plane does go from a fast blinking blue light to a slow blinking blue light after I hit the bind button but no solid blue light. The version of the firmware is 2.3.11 (01-08-2021) in my transmitter. OMP does show up in the list of protocols.
Than I think there is something not right with the configuration, look at the throttle signal first, be sure that is on the right channel (channel 3) and isn't to high, in that case the plane receiver thinks that the throttle stick is not completely down.

alan0043

Than I think there is something not right with the configuration, look at the throttle signal first, be sure that is on the right channel (channel 3) and isn't to high, in that case the plane receiver thinks that the throttle stick is not completely down.

The transmitter keeps beeping after the blue light in the plane slows down from pushing and holding the bind button on the plane. Also the transmitter is showing that it is binding as the beeping continues. The only time the beeping on the transmitter stops is when I turn it off. I also have found a screen on the transmitter showing a horizonal bar for the control surfaces moving when you moving the correct sticks. The bars correspond to the movement of the sticks. Just wondering why the transmitter is beeping. Nothing in the manual about this.

Bricks

Master member
Do you have the right protocol selected and are sure of the protocol it uses? It will not bind to anything until you select the proper protocol right above where it says bind in the menu.

alan0043

Do you have the right protocol selected and are sure of the protocol it uses? It will not bind to anything until you select the proper protocol right above where it says bind in the menu.

Hi Bricks,

I believe that I am. The protocol that I am using is OMP. The receiver has 6 axis. The T720 & S720 are beginner aircraft. The OMP M2 helicopter can use one of two protocols. OMP or SFHSS. I just might have to create another model and see what happens.

Bricks

Master member
Not the same but this https://ohiomodelplanes.com/products/omphobby-m1-rc-helicopter?variant=32529264574538 says it can use DSM or DSMX with an Sbus receiver other wise the built in receiver is Futaba SFHSS. If you pull up the nomenclature and hover your mouse over it you will see what I was talking about above.

Here is another link that explains the issues with the OMP and fine tuning the receiver using OT`x which you may need to do on your TX16s

https://www.multi-module.org/using-the-module/protocol-details/omp

Scotto

Elite member
Hi Guys,

Well things are not going good. The transmitter is a nice piece of equipment. I watched several videos. But I can not get the OMP T720 to bind with my new Radiomaster TX16S. I have been able to create a model, that's good. I was able to assign a switch to kill the throttle, that's good, so say the transmitter. The transmitter says throttle off. Nothing else works. I put the battery into the plane and press the bind button on the plane and then make sure I hit the bind on the transmitter second. All the transmitter does is keep beeping after I hit the bind on the transmitter . The plane goes with a slow blinking blue light now. The blue light blinking is slower on the plane and the transmitter keeps beeping. So what is happening ? Not much videos on T720 & RadioMaster.
I dont know anything about the omp reciever but on all of mine I have to hold the bind button down while plugging in the battery. Pushing the button after gets me into the default loss of signal setting mode. But again that is just what my recievers do and I dont have any omp stuff. Worth a try? That stuff is frustrating.

Bifi.baarlo

The transmitter keeps beeping after the blue light in the plane slows down from pushing and holding the bind button on the plane. Also the transmitter is showing that it is binding as the beeping continues. The only time the beeping on the transmitter stops is when I turn it off. I also have found a screen on the transmitter showing a horizonal bar for the control surfaces moving when you moving the correct sticks. The bars correspond to the movement of the sticks. Just wondering why the transmitter is beeping. Nothing in the manual about this.
You have to place the transmitter in bind mode after you released the button on your receiver and the led on the receiver is flashing fast, watch the video earlyer in this thread again, it shouldn't be that hard to bind the model.

Bifi.baarlo

Hi Guys,

This is the video that I followed. No luck yet. :(

The transmitter keeps beeping after the blue light in the plane slows down from pushing and holding the bind button on the plane.
This is not what you are supposed to do, watch the video, first plug in the battery, the led on your model should be solid, than hold the button on the receiver until the led is flashing fast, after that, place your transmitter in bind mode, the led is solid again and your transmitter stops beeping, if you did this right, in the video you can read the module softwareversion, be sure that yours is the same or newer, otherwise update your module first.

bigdano711

How's it going, Al? Hope you got it figured out. Keep after it, you'll get it.

My receiver has a little push button on it. Power on both the Transmitter and Receiver (plane), then for me I press and hold that button until it starts blinking fast, which means the bind process is happening. Once it binds, it turns solid and makes a little tone and the servos twitch.

Does your receiver come with a bind plug or does it have a button? I'll read through the thread to see if you've already answered this.

alan0043

Hi Guys,

Here is a little update (02/23). I sent Buddy RC an email about the Radiomaster & T720 and I got an answer. The following statement is the answer that I got.

"You will need an external satellite receiver for the S720. The Radiomaster OMP protocol is for the OMP Helicopters."

That is not the answer I was hoping for. ;) That brings up another question. How did that fellow bind the Radiomaster to his T720 ? It would be great if I could email that question to him.

Thanks guys for being a sounding board. :)

bigdano711

I would write him back and send the link to the video you posted above. Honestly, that sounds like a brush off answer, and that bums me out.

Have you tried updating the firmware? Also, have you seen this video? Buddy RC on FliteTest:

Bifi.baarlo

Hi Guys,

Here is a little update (02/23). I sent Buddy RC an email about the Radiomaster & T720 and I got an answer. The following statement is the answer that I got.

"You will need an external satellite receiver for the S720. The Radiomaster OMP protocol is for the OMP Helicopters."

That is not the answer I was hoping for. ;) That brings up another question. How did that fellow bind the Radiomaster to his T720 ? It would be great if I could email that question to him.

Thanks guys for being a sounding board. :)
You did it wrong, not corresponding the video, like I told you and you maybe need to update the module, i have a Radiomaster too, it is very important that you have the newest versiont opentx with the newest firmware in your module to get compability with newer protocols.

bigdano711

You did it wrong, not corresponding the video, like I told you and you maybe need to update the module, i have a Radiomaster too, it is very important that you have the newest versiont opentx with the newest firmware in your module to get compability with newer protocols.
Have you bound your RadioMaster to an Ohio Model Products (OMP) airplane? OMP has a proprietary protocol, but the receiver is a re-branded Spektrum, from what I understand.

alan0043

I would write him back and send the link to the video you posted above. Honestly, that sounds like a brush off answer, and that bums me out.

Have you tried updating the firmware? Also, have you seen this video? Buddy RC on FliteTest:

Hey Dan,

The firmware in my transmitter is 2.3.11 (01-08-2021). The video was posted on 09-01-2020. Date wise my transmitter has newer firmware then the fellow has in his transmitter at the time of posting the video.

I did see the video that TJ did at Flitetest. TJ did not respond to my email about the transmitter and T720 question but someone else did. Maybe OMP has changed the protocol after the video that was made about TX16S & T720. Maybe I should send TJ an email himself and ask him questions. :)

bigdano711

Check out this guy. You can see it's a non-Spektrum receiver running DSM, which I believe yours is. Bind process starts around the 5 minute mark. I'm betting this is your ticket!

Bifi.baarlo

Hey Dan,

The firmware in my transmitter is 2.3.11 (01-08-2021). The video was posted on 09-01-2020. Date wise my transmitter has newer firmware then the fellow has in his transmitter at the time of posting the video.

I did see the video that TJ did at Flitetest. TJ did not respond to my email about the transmitter and T720 question but someone else did. Maybe OMP has changed the protocol after the video that was made about TX16S & T720. Maybe I should send TJ an email himself and ask him questions. :)
Just do what TJ expained and check the firmware version on your MODULE, did you do that already? you don't give any feedback on that.

alan0043

Check out this guy. You can see it's a non-Spektrum receiver running DSM, which I believe yours is. Bind process starts around the 5 minute mark. I'm betting this is your ticket!

Thanks Dan,

I'll give it a shot. I don't have a thing to lose. I'll report back later with an update.
Just do what TJ expained and check the firmware version on your MODULE, did you do that already? you don't give any feedback on that.

Are you talking about the firmware in the transmitter ? If so, this is the firmware version, 2.3.11 (01-08-2021)