Radiomaster TX16S and receiver telemetry options

basslord1124

Master member
So I suppose I am a little old school and want to get with the times a little bit. lol

I just recently picked up a Radiomaster TX16S and so far I love it! I am wanting to build my stock up of receivers to go with the RM. And one thing I want to do, is to start showing telemetry data to show up on the Tx when I am flying. One of my current receivers (FrSky X6R) I was able to pull receiver voltage. But I am wondering what receivers and/or addl hardware I need to get more data. Amp draw, altitude, etc....just anything else that might be useful when I fly. This is new territory for me actually as I'm used to just flying, setting a timer, and landing before the timer runs out.

Not saying I want this on every model but there are some models where this info might come in handy.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Inq

Elite member
So I suppose I am a little old school and want to get with the times a little bit. lol

I just recently picked up a Radiomaster TX16S and so far I love it! I am wanting to build my stock up of receivers to go with the RM. And one thing I want to do, is to start showing telemetry data to show up on the Tx when I am flying. One of my current receivers (FrSky X6R) I was able to pull receiver voltage. But I am wondering what receivers and/or addl hardware I need to get more data. Amp draw, altitude, etc....just anything else that might be useful when I fly. This is new territory for me actually as I'm used to just flying, setting a timer, and landing before the timer runs out.

Not saying I want this on every model but there are some models where this info might come in handy.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Are you looking for turn-key solutions or DIY? If DIY, does your transmitter / receiver mention iBus? I'll be using it on my project to do a DIY version on my Flysky FS-6iX - https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/diy-telemetry-and-control.72547/. As I understand it so far it is a connector/protocol that allows telemetry to hook up to the receiver and send back to the transmitter.

basslord1124

Master member
Are you looking for turn-key solutions or DIY? If DIY, does your transmitter / receiver mention iBus? I'll be using it on my project to do a DIY version on my Flysky FS-6iX - https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/diy-telemetry-and-control.72547/. As I understand it so far it is a connector/protocol that allows telemetry to hook up to the receiver and send back to the transmitter.

I was looking more at a turn-key option. Your DIY thing seems pretty neat but not something I'm pursuing atm.

basslord1124

Master member
Thanks so much Merv....that helps out a lot! From what I am seeing so far, I think FrSky may be my best bet anyways for telemetry sensors. Don't see them as much with other brands that are compatible with the radio.