Radiomaster TX16S but what RX???

billyshaw22

Ok I have a serious question.... I have the TX16S-max and I have converted most all of my flite test planes over from futaba and spektrum but now I'm going into the large models and wanted to know what RX would be good in my 40% planes? I'm needing like 10 channels minimum .. any ideas?? I appreciate the help !!

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
Ok I have a serious question.... I have the TX16S-max and I have converted most all of my flite test planes over from futaba and spektrum but now I'm going into the large models and wanted to know what RX would be good in my 40% planes? I'm needing like 10 channels minimum .. any ideas?? I appreciate the help !!
what rx do you usually use for larger planes?

billyshaw22

what rx do you usually use for larger planes?
most of my large stuff are on futaba fasst (sbus setup) i guess i could just use spektrum 12ch rx's i just was wanting to look at the alternatives for the three new birds I'm putting together this year... and I don't like the $300 + price tag

Bricks

Master member
With the Radiomaster TS16s your pretty much open to use which ever receivers you have the most confidence in. You could save some money by using two 6 channels and binding one to channels 1-6 and the other to channels 7-12, would need an extra power source or wire for the second receiver.

dave1up

With the Radiomaster TS16s your pretty much open to use which ever receivers you have the most confidence in. You could save some money by using two 6 channels and binding one to channels 1-6 and the other to channels 7-12, would need an extra power source or wire for the second receiver.

Hmm I didnt know this was possible. I might try it, i have 4 channel receivers lying around. I could just use a y splitter for power right ?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
how would you do that? I have a different opentx radio and wondering if I could do this with it.

billyshaw22

if its like the futaba, you have to have rx's that are capable to do this, there are a few that you can make continue on the channels in the piggy back style, example: with two 7 channel rx's one would be channels 1-7 the second one would be 8-14 ( channel 1 output would be channel 8 and so on.) this is done during the binding process in the transmitter. I don't know if that's how the TS16s does it, but I will be figuring it out, I seen they had 8 channel rx's that are labeled as being able capable of16ch. I hope that is by piggy backing them and not through sbus outputs.

Bricks

Master member
Hmm I didnt know this was possible. I might try it, i have 4 channel receivers lying around. I could just use a y splitter for power right ?

Not sure what radio you have some depends on how many channels your radio is capable of, you cannot have 10 channels on a 6 channel transmitter.

Yes you could use a Y cable hooked to both receiver's any port not used can be powered from the ESC. When using a Y cable thru the ESC the signal wire from the ESC for motor control has to be removed on the receiver not controlling throttle, or can use a separate battery pack. Then it`s just a matter of reallocating channels to control the extra functions.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
if its like the futaba, you have to have rx's that are capable to do this, there are a few that you can make continue on the channels in the piggy back style, example: with two 7 channel rx's one would be channels 1-7 the second one would be 8-14 ( channel 1 output would be channel 8 and so on.) this is done during the binding process in the transmitter. I don't know if that's how the TS16s does it, but I will be figuring it out, I seen they had 8 channel rx's that are labeled as being able capable of16ch. I hope that is by piggy backing them and not through sbus outputs.

You pretty much have it down except with the TX16s no special receivers needed. You will find the box for channel selection right below where you choose which protocol to use. Bind each receiver separately just change channel numbers before binding.

billyshaw22

This is good to know, most planes I have other then the flite test planes have I’m using more then 6 channels so sounds like this radio keeps getting better and better

tomlogan1

Elite member
Flysky has a 10 channel receiver. About $24 USD on Amazon. I use only Flysky as that's where I came from and have had zero problems with Flysky & Radio master TX16S.