Radiomaster Tx16s

Ducky84

I'm still waiting on my TX16s. It's the last piece of my kit, and I have my Cub all ready to go....Should be here any week now...

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Just spent ten minutes making a ton of models then deleting them. There's plenty of space by the looks of it :ROFLMAO:
Model memory is only limited by storage, but currently, there are only 60 RX ID #s. I believe you can share RX ID with multiple models, if you're careful.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
So, I just learned something about this radio this morning that's kind of a huge bummer for me - it doesn't have a wireless trainer function unless you buy an additional module. :(

I know I can get by with a wired cord, but when we do training at our field, we get the sun at just the right spot in the evenings that it's in your eyes as you go to take off, so we're constantly having to shield our eyes. Best way to do that while flying and keeping both hands on the control is to keep the transmitter in your hands, and lift it up to block the sun, then either fly above or below the sun until you can get to the other side of the field, where it's not smack dab in your line of sight.

When you have a cord, however, my experience has been that the cord isn't long enough to allow me to do that, so I'm either having to tell the student step close to me (one of them is a Navy guy, and said, "nuts to butts close") so that I don't rip the cord out of a transmitter, or pray that they're still orientated correctly and flying straight through the glowing ball of vision killing to come out level and not oriented in plane death.

It's a small thing for some, but for me, I love having the wireless trainer functionality.

Bricks

Master member
Model memory is only limited by storage, but currently, there are only 60 RX ID #s. I believe you can share RX ID with multiple models, if you're careful.

I thought you do not really need receiver ID as long as you have chosen the correct plane in the menu? Even then unless you have a battery and turned on in the wrong plane it should really be a none issue.... RIGHT?

Bricks

Master member
So my tx16s likes to go into the sys menu while I'm flying for some reason. Does anyone know how I can fix it from doing that

By chance are you hitting the menu button by accident while flying, does it do it when the transmitter is turned on and plane plugged in while just sitting there>

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
So, I just learned something about this radio this morning that's kind of a huge bummer for me - it doesn't have a wireless trainer function unless you buy an additional module. :(

I know I can get by with a wired cord, but when we do training at our field, we get the sun at just the right spot in the evenings that it's in your eyes as you go to take off, so we're constantly having to shield our eyes. Best way to do that while flying and keeping both hands on the control is to keep the transmitter in your hands, and lift it up to block the sun, then either fly above or below the sun until you can get to the other side of the field, where it's not smack dab in your line of sight.

When you have a cord, however, my experience has been that the cord isn't long enough to allow me to
I thought you do not really need receiver ID as long as you have chosen the correct plane in the menu? Even then unless you have a battery and turned on in the wrong plane it should really be a none issue.... RIGHT?
You got it, brother! :cool:(y)
Who has 60 RX's, anyway?!! :eek: I know I've never owned that many, ever.

Bricks

Master member
You got it, brother! :cool:(y)
Who has 60 RX's, anyway?!! :eek: I know I've never owned that many, ever.

I am getting close 53 according to my radio for number of planes setup in it, not too mention the number don`t think I will that are not in there. Those are in the waiting just in case I run out of the 53 I have already up and running. (y) :poop:

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I am getting close 53 according to my radio for number of planes setup in it, not too mention the number don`t think I will that are not in there. Those are in the waiting just in case I run out of the 53 I have already up and running. (y):poop:
I'm in the wrong business. I need to be selling RX's! ..... $$:devilish:$$