Raising d/c rate

allmotordc5ive

wassup guys, on one of my planes im using a 2200mah 3s 20c. My question is, if i up the d/c rate to 25c or 30c but still have the same specs 2200mah 3s, can that cause my motor/esc to run hotter? any help will be appreciated! thanks!

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
No. Your motor will draw the same amount of amperage from the new lipos. Your batteries will run cooler though.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
No problem, it's better like Mike says. You might get more acceleration (not speed) on the motor.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
wassup guys, on one of my planes im using a 2200mah 3s 20c. My question is, if i up the d/c rate to 25c or 30c but still have the same specs 2200mah 3s, can that cause my motor/esc to run hotter? any help will be appreciated! thanks!
That depends a lot on your motor.
If your motor is pulling round 40 Amps today then the motor will probably be somewhat stronger during longer time from start.
Hi C-ratings are good when it is cold or when you want more power during the flight.

With a low C the battery voltage will drop almost directly from the start and you will feel lower power but the Hi C battery will keep the voltage up better until the battery is close to empty.

Your motor will not get any hotter if it is designed for the 3 cells.