Rapidfire module on HDO2 live feed vs DVR feed brightness difference

userix

I just noticed recently flying around dusk that my live FPV feed is a lot darker than my DVR feed. It's weird because I would assume the DVR is recording exactly what I am seeing through the goggles. When I play the dvr feed back on the goggles, the video looks brighter in that I can actually see the trees and branches, while the live feed when I was flying was a lot darker, to the point where I can't see branches and obstacles. But when I play back the same flight, the branches and trees are still pretty visible. It's like the recorded footage has better "low-light" performance than the actual live feed.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
My guess is when you set up your camera your goggles or monitor was not set to neutral settings for contrast, brightness and color gains. The DVR records from the received signal not the processed signal going to the lcd's so if you say set the camera when your goggles contrast was low and brightness was low your image will show brighter and deeper color when recorded because you set it higher to see in the goggles.

userix

I'm running the camera that comes stock on the x220s wizard. I don't think it has any type of OSD image adjustments like the runcam do. My HDO2 are set to the middle setting of 10 for brightness and 10 for contrast.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is there a two pin connector next to the 3 pin used for power and video signal? Most cameras these days have that two pin so a switch can be connected to get into the settings menu. Even if its just presets they usually have them.

userix

Is there a two pin connector next to the 3 pin used for power and video signal? Most cameras these days have that two pin so a switch can be connected to get into the settings menu. Even if its just presets they usually have them.

No. My fpv cam only has the three pin for power and video feed, no extra pins like runcams for hooking an OSD board to change settings.

https://www.eachine.com/Eachine-Wiz...era-2_8mm-Lens-PAL-NTSC-Switchable-p-972.html

How would I be able to make the live feed looks like the dvr feed? my HDO2 are set at the middle for both brightness and contrast and I cannot adjust the camera settings at all.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The most you can do is adjust contrast brightness and saturation maybe hue in the goggles themselves.

Liam B

This is a common problem with the Wizard from what I've heard. The only fix is to switch to DJI digital...

Just kidding. I've seen it fixed by simply swapping the camera for a RunCam or Foxeer. It's one of the first upgrades most do on the Wizard.

If you're looking for a RunCam or any camera really, I have a ton. Message me and I can send you one for the cost of shipping. I switched to digital so I won't be needing most of the leftovers.