Rasterize - Skindex

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Hey Stephen, hows this sound?

You buy the kit and motor, print the skins, and i will build one for you?

i know you want one, and i also know you don't have anywhere to build. i also always want to build something, but am trying to not spend any cash. so win/win. :applause:

you just got too let me fly it once. :rolleyes:

we will talk on saturday.

laters,

me ;)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hey Stephen, hows this sound?

You buy the kit and motor, print the skins, and i will build one for you?

i know you want one, and i also know you don't have anywhere to build. i also always want to build something, but am trying to not spend any cash. so win/win. :applause:

you just got too let me fly it once. :rolleyes:

we will talk on saturday.

laters,

me ;)

I freakin' love this community :applause:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Rasterize, thanks again for the amazing job on the Bloody Baron skin. Turned out great, don't change a thing.

Ersnt Udet Skin by Raterize.png

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Hey Rasterize. I just saw your Dart Black Bunny proof over on the *Unofficial* FT Dart thread. Looking good. If you finalize that, I just might have to build it!

It's done. I was making it for a friend who was concerned about orientations so I went another direction with it. I can lay it out real quick on an Arch D size paper (24x36) and get it up quicker that way.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
So now I need to know the best way to re-build the skin index? Anyone no if the forum changes (which I really don't
like by the way :mad:) are over? This is my pitiful plea for help....

FTNoob18

Hey Rasterize, thanks again for all the time you've invested in this. I REALLY want to print and try this skin of the P51 either Crow or Bunny.. when I print them right from the .pdf that opens in chrome, it doesn't give a lot of print options and prints all the red in grey and blue in black. If I could open the file in illustrator or photoshope or indesign, or acrobat- I could print no problem from those but its password protected. please help! thanks!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey Rasterize, thanks again for all the time you've invested in this. I REALLY want to print and try this skin of the P51 either Crow or Bunny.. when I print them right from the .pdf that opens in chrome, it doesn't give a lot of print options and prints all the red in grey and blue in black. If I could open the file in illustrator or photoshope or indesign, or acrobat- I could print no problem from those but its password protected. please help! thanks!

Never, ever, ever, print these skins or the plans from Chrome or any other web browser. You should be able to open and print them in Adobe Reader without any issues.

FTNoob18

I got them to print from CHROME.. just a ton of playing w/ the advanced settings.. finally got it. thanks!!!!!!

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I'm planning on poster printing one at a store. But, I'm new to Dayton, OH. Anyone have suggestions as to the best place to do so?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
what ever you do, make sure they show you, 100% scale on the print window. if they wont show you make sure to check the gauge on the page, if 1" doesn't equal 1", make them print again until they get it right. don't pay until they do.

laters,

me :cool:

I love the idea of using skins, no painting and there is your plans on the foam ready to cut. What if they were printed on 8.5 x 11 blank shipping labels? Easy to print on any printer and since they are peel and stick they have their own adhesive. Any thoughts?

kilroy07

Legendary member
Yup, check out these threads;

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/dat-rhino.36276/
I think @Namactual had some really good luck with a specific printable label in the Dat Rhino thread.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/flite-fest-veterans-airshow.53529/
Here I printed them out via a large format printer and used 3M's 77 spray adhesive then laser cut the pieces out.

And now you have just shown me yet another plane or two that I will add to my must build list.......I really need a cnc cutter.

Abyss

However, I am thinking of just creating a "master design" that would be the entire skin on the smallest customer page size I could create. There-by allowing the individual to tile that out of Acrobat Reader to whatever size page they wished.
That would be very cool! :D

Abyss

The Storch has landed...in four big (24x36) Arch D pages on the first post! Happy downloading!

View attachment 105353
Hi Rasterize! Your skins are phenomenal however I can't find most of the ones you've made. The models on the first page all seemed to be crossed out :(. I am really interested in the Storch, Spitfire (camo version) and Mustang Big Beautiful Doll verison. Also there was another great build from another member who did up a BF109 and a skin for that would be very cool. I'm also looking for skins for the FT Cub. The classic yellow J-3 Piper and the Piper L-4 Grasshopper versions would be soooo cool. Is there any way you could help a fellow flying freak out? :D

Navydiver71

2 things... 1. Where are the actual usable files that you can download for the FT Skins? (Mustang, Storch, Mig3, etc...).
2. I have inkscape... Affinity Designer... AND Adobe Illustrator. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THESE PROGRAMS WILL LET ME DO A THING ON THE PLANS I HAVE DOWNLOADED! So what gives? I have watched videos, I have mimicked what I have seen (attempted with plans) and generally have wasted a ton of time (and shockingly money), and have gotten NOWHERE! So whats the big secret?
Using Mac OS10, a computer DESIGNED for graphics...????!?!?!?!?!?

Jonathan Ott

2 things... 1. Where are the actual usable files that you can download for the FT Skins? (Mustang, Storch, Mig3, etc...).
2. I have inkscape... Affinity Designer... AND Adobe Illustrator. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THESE PROGRAMS WILL LET ME DO A THING ON THE PLANS I HAVE DOWNLOADED! So what gives? I have watched videos, I have mimicked what I have seen (attempted with plans) and generally have wasted a ton of time (and shockingly money), and have gotten NOWHERE! So whats the big secret?
Using Mac OS10, a computer DESIGNED for graphics...????!?!?!?!?!?

On June 25, Rasterize edited post #1 with:
The Skin Index is
Temporarily Closed
for Renovation.
Currently testing and it will return when I have time to reformat.

We regret any inconvenience and thank you for your patients!

They'll be back. Way to popular to abandon.

I just hope he comes back with full size (not tiled) versions. I have access to a plotter, and you could also get 'em printed full size at Staples or the like.

Jon