Rasterize - Skindex

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Shark test...1...2...3...Shark test.
Is this mic on? :unsure::LOL:
Man this bites...(groan)....:sneaky: Cue the JAWS theme music.... Duh dun......duh dun...

Shark Test.jpg

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
my vote the red should be nearly straight across.

I'm about to start chanting p-38 master Series over here. I bought a Twin C-pack SPECIFICALLY for it's release.

The skins look amazing, great work.

Rasterize

Mentor
Love it :).

Thank you sir.

my vote the red should be nearly straight across.

Thought about doing that as well. However I was trying to stay as true to this as I could:
1564185079357.png

I actually ended up wanting to reduce the amount of red seen upfront after seeing this.

I'm about to start chanting p-38 master Series over here. I bought a Twin C-pack SPECIFICALLY for it's release.

Have you heard anything on a release date? I hear Dan Sponholz is working on the P47 plans but I have heard nothing on the P38.

The skins look amazing, great work.

Thanks for the kind words.

Rasterize

Mentor
2nd Lt George Welch's P40. Think this should be a skin? Read his story below and tell me what you think.
1564185676160.png

After receiving his wings and commission in January 1941, Welch was posted to the 47th Pursuit Squadron, 15th Pursuit Group, at Wheeler Field, Oahu, Hawaii in February 1941. At dawn on December 7, 1941, 2nd Lieutenant Welch and another pilot, 2nd Lieutenant Kenneth M. Taylor, were coming back from a Christmas dinner and dance party at a rooftop hotel in Waikiki, that ended in an all-night poker game. They were still wearing mess dress when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Welch telephoned the auxiliary Haleiwa Fighter Strip on Oahu's North Shore to have two Curtiss P-40B Tomahawk fighters prepared for takeoff. Taylor immediately drove his Buick at high speed to Haleiwa to join the air battle. While climbing into their P-40s, the crew chiefs informed them that they should disperse their planes. "To hell with that", Welch said. Taking off with only 30-cal ammunition in the wing guns, Welch claimed two kills of Aichi D3A Val dive bombers over Ewa Mooring Mast Field. The first Japanese aircraft was only damaged and made it back to its carrier, while the second was finished off by Ken Taylor, shortly before he landed at Wheeler Field to get 50-cal ammo for his two cowl guns. On his second sortie, Welch shot down a Val (which was behind Ken Taylor, and crashed in the community of Wahiawa) then one Mitsubishi Zero fighter about 5 miles west of Barbers Point.

chris398mx

Master member
2nd Lt George Welch's P40. Think this should be a skin? Read his story below and tell me what you think.
View attachment 137168

After receiving his wings and commission in January 1941, Welch was posted to the 47th Pursuit Squadron, 15th Pursuit Group, at Wheeler Field, Oahu, Hawaii in February 1941. At dawn on December 7, 1941, 2nd Lieutenant Welch and another pilot, 2nd Lieutenant Kenneth M. Taylor, were coming back from a Christmas dinner and dance party at a rooftop hotel in Waikiki, that ended in an all-night poker game. They were still wearing mess dress when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Welch telephoned the auxiliary Haleiwa Fighter Strip on Oahu's North Shore to have two Curtiss P-40B Tomahawk fighters prepared for takeoff. Taylor immediately drove his Buick at high speed to Haleiwa to join the air battle. While climbing into their P-40s, the crew chiefs informed them that they should disperse their planes. "To hell with that", Welch said. Taking off with only 30-cal ammunition in the wing guns, Welch claimed two kills of Aichi D3A Val dive bombers over Ewa Mooring Mast Field. The first Japanese aircraft was only damaged and made it back to its carrier, while the second was finished off by Ken Taylor, shortly before he landed at Wheeler Field to get 50-cal ammo for his two cowl guns. On his second sortie, Welch shot down a Val (which was behind Ken Taylor, and crashed in the community of Wahiawa) then one Mitsubishi Zero fighter about 5 miles west of Barbers Point.
Yep from Me, Hero's should live on!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Thank you sir.

Thought about doing that as well. However I was trying to stay as true to this as I could:
View attachment 137167
I actually ended up wanting to reduce the amount of red seen upfront after seeing this.

Have you heard anything on a release date? I hear Dan Sponholz is working on the P47 plans but I have heard nothing on the P38.

Thanks for the kind words.
*You nailed it then.
*No, nothing yet. (P ... 38, P ... 38, P ... 38...) I have to carry a towel for the drool so as not to make a mess.
*anytime

Rasterize

Mentor
Here's a tip: When I glue skins to DTFB (with ot without paper still on the foam), I like to use a Speedball 4121 Deluxe Hard Rubber roller by Brayer. It was $11 on Amazon but I love how it applies nice even pressure making sure the paper is completely secured to the DTFB. Used to use my hand or a credit card/room key but they just don't compare.
Sppedball Hard Rubber Roller.JPG

Rasterize

Mentor
That looks awesome! :D:D

Thank you sir. Should be ready soon.

Lol! It’s part of a commercial for those who don’t know a commercial for vacuum cleaners :). That looks amazing great job @Rasterize!

Thanks mayan. I was wondering who released this on society! lol

My granddaughters and the children at church love the Baby Shark song. It is definitely one of those "ear worm" songs.

Definitely! I have to find a different ear worm to replace it now. lol

Rasterize

Mentor
Ben Harber posted a video of the Thunderbirds at FliteFest 2019! I designed the skins for Ben's awesome flying F16 last year and created the whole squadron and printed them for this event this year. Enjoy!

Rasterize

Mentor
I think it's going to be Spit-tacular!
I can't agree more!
FT_Spitfire 1.1 BoB 24X119 proof.jpg

I have made slight changes to the original plans here and there. Since skins are really nothing more than nice looking plans that "work for a living," I'm gonna make a build/skinning video for this one.

Rasterize

Mentor
Foam Folder: You are not going to try and skin an already built plane are you?

Rasterize

Mentor
Working on the overhead camera mount for my "how to skin a plane" video using the FT Spitfire. Found some cool tools on Thingiverse which my friend
mrjdstewart kindly printed for me.

1564899627899.png

Last edited: