Rasterize - Skindex

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
You guys are welcome. Sorry it was such a long time in coming. Enjoy!

deckroid

Until I re-watched the video from FF 2016, I had no real interest in flying a Baby Baron. Now, as I wait for the Simple Scout speed build kit to arrive, I am thinking of printing up a couple of skins and pitting me against my son, who just started getting into the hobby.

Thank you SO much, Rasterize!

George in Idaho

Last edited:

Rasterize

Mentor
...I am thinking of printing up a couple of skins and pitting me against my son, who just started getting into the hobby. Thank you SO much, Rasterize!
George in Idaho

Awesome George! Glad to play my part in pitting father against son for air superiority over Idaho. :D Make those memories!
Regards,
Stephen in AZ

Yayat

I want to print them on A3 paper so i can print it as sticker. but I want to maximaze space, can I edit the pdf so I can move the object to filling the space?

Rasterize

Mentor
I want to print them on A3 paper so i can print it as sticker. but I want to maximaze space, can I edit the pdf so I can move the object to filling the space?

Hi Yayat,
Unfortunately, providing skins in every format and size for every skin would be a daunting task to take on even for someone who was doing this for a living. The alternative would be to allow editing of the PDF, which I do not do (password protected) for a variety of reasons. However, I am thinking of just creating a "master design" that would be the entire skin on the smallest customer page size I could create. There-by allowing the individual to tile that out of Acrobat Reader to whatever size page they wished.

Michael9865

Elite member
How will you be able to overcome the width of foam areas at the folds? That is always a sticking point for me when I scale plans.

Rasterize

Mentor
Not sure I understand. There would be no scaling involved. I would just use the smallest sheet I can with the skins at 100%. So the smallest sheet size I can get everything on might be 25X45. Then some one would open that in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Under "Properties" at the top select the size paper they want to print on, then under "Paper sizing and Handling" select "Poster" Tile scale 100% and overlap set to whatever (.5") and Acrobat will determine how many sheets it will take to print everything.

Last edited:

Rasterize

Mentor
Ah, I apologize. I miss understood your meaning. Thank you for the clarification.
None needed. If I was a clearer writer, that wouldn't happen. Thanks for your patients and understanding.

SRHFLY

Rasterize,

Thank you for contributing to the FT community in such a creative way! These skins are incredible. We have been flying the larger Baron sold in the FT store. Do you plan to offer skins for the Big Baron?

Best Regards,
Scott

Rasterize

Mentor
Rasterize,
Thank you for contributing to the FT community in such a creative way! These skins are incredible. We have been flying the larger Baron sold in the FT store. Do you plan to offer skins for the Big Baron? Best Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott! I think I do have one based on Spoz's Baby baron that I need to get up on the site. Need to ok with him first as think he had some changes.
Thanks again!
Stephen

lleemon

Hi Stephen,
These look awesome. I have built several FT planes and usually paint but looking to do a skin. My question is do you have a video of how you create the design? Guessing your using Photoshop but curious if you have a way to create layer for each part based on the pdf.

Thanks
Lee

KBear196

Hi Steve, love the skins you did a great job. I downloaded one of your FT skins and took it over to my local OfficeMax to print on 11 x 17 and they said they could not print it because of copyright issues. There is nothing I can find were the skins are that says you give permission to print them. Any Ideas beside buying a $200 printer?
Thanks

Rasterize

Mentor
Hi Stephen,
These look awesome. I have built several FT planes and usually paint but looking to do a skin. My question is do you have a video of how you create the design? Guessing your using Photoshop but curious if you have a way to create layer for each part based on the pdf. Thanks Lee

Hi Lee, Actually it's mostly Illustrator but I use Photoshop here and there. I make clipping paths out of the FT planes and go from there. Sometime each part is a layer. Sometimes it's just a bigger art board and then rivets will go on one layer, base color on another, panel lines on another and so on. That's basically it. Clear as mud right? lol
Stephen

Rasterize

Mentor
Hi Steve, love the skins you did a great job. I downloaded one of your FT skins and took it over to my local OfficeMax to print on 11 x 17 and they said they could not print it because of copyright issues. There is nothing I can find were the skins are that says you give permission to print them. Any Ideas beside buying a $200 printer?
Thanks

Wow! That OfficeMax really plays by the book! Which skin was it? I'll find out what I need to add permissions wise and get that up for downloading. I may have to add a blurb on all the skins if this becomes a real issue.
Thanks for the heads up!
Stephen

Rasterize

Mentor
The Storch has landed...in four big (24x36) Arch D pages on the first post! Happy downloading!

Storch ContactSheet Small.jpg