Rasterize - Skindex

epsilon

So now I need to know the best way to re-build the skin index? Anyone no if the forum changes (which I really don't
like by the way :mad:) are over? This is my pitiful plea for help....
Hey buddy,

Don't know if we've ever chatted before but couple questions.

1. Any luck on the index rebuild? If not I have a thought. Might be easier to message me on fb. I'm Aaron Crosby, pretty active in the group so should be able to find me.

2. Anything done for the edge yet?

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Hi Aaron!

1. Any luck on the index rebuild? If not I have a thought. Might be easier to message me on fb. I'm Aaron Crosby, pretty active in the group so should be able to find me.

After chatting with some of the forum admin, I have decided to give the Resources in the main forum bar above a try. I will be posting skins there now as it allows FT to host the files. I will be post skin install hints and tips as well as pics of future projects in the skin Index

2. Anything done for the edge yet?

Not yet! One other skin in front of it. I really want to do a red bull like in the video...only better! lol

epsilon

Hi Aaron!

After chatting with some of the forum admin, I have decided to give the Resources in the main forum bar above a try. I will be posting skins there now as it allows FT to host the files. I will be post skin install hints and tips as well as pics of future projects in the skin Index

Not yet! One other skin in front of it. I really want to do a red bull like in the video...only better! lol

Oh that's great to hear! Hey, so since you'll be working on the edge soon anyway... how about a Hamilton inspired theme!?

Rasterize

Mentor
The new Skin Index is up!
I will now be utilizing the forum Resource pages to upload skins. Links to these pages, which will contain descriptions and pictures, will be on the first post of this thread. Each resource page will have all the skin variants for a given model. Eight are up now and I will be adding more soon! Thanks for your patients!

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
first off i didnt read every comment :)
Anybody recommend a video of the full process to use these skins?

Rasterize

Mentor
Anybody recommend a video of the full process to use these skins?

I know that's been on my "to do" list for years.

Where are the actual downloadable skins?

Good question since everything has changed! I will now be posting skins under the Resources tab. Check out the fist post on this thread for direct links to the resource page or search for "Rasterize" or "Skins" to see them all. Once on the resource page for that plane (Storch skin shown for reference), click on the download button in the upper right corner.

Download button.jpg

Rasterize

Mentor
2 things... 1. Where are the actual usable files that you can download for the FT Skins? (Mustang, Storch, Mig3, etc...).

See the post before this. Mig3? Not from me so far. Skins have only been created by community members. There are no "Flite Test created skins" that I am aware of. I only have skins I created on this thread.

2. I have inkscape... Affinity Designer... AND Adobe Illustrator. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THESE PROGRAMS WILL LET ME DO A THING ON THE PLANS I HAVE DOWNLOADED! So what gives? I have watched videos, I have mimicked what I have seen (attempted with plans) and generally have wasted a ton of time (and shockingly money), and have gotten NOWHERE! So whats the big secret? Using Mac OS10, a computer DESIGNED for graphics...????!?!?!?!?!?

If you are trying to open the free FT plans that Sp0nz puts together to make skins of you own then I have no idea what's going on. I have opened them in all the applications you mentioned on both Mac and PC. Very odd.

If however, you are trying to open the PDF skins that I post then your right. The skins are protected and these apps will not open them. However you can open and print them to your hearts content in Adobe's free Acrobat reader found here.

Last edited:

Rasterize

Mentor
Hi Rasterize! Your skins are phenomenal however I can't find most of the ones you've made. The models on the first page all seemed to be crossed out :(. I am really interested in the Storch, Spitfire (camo version) and Mustang Big Beautiful Doll verison. Also there was another great build from another member who did up a BF109 and a skin for that would be very cool. I'm also looking for skins for the FT Cub. The classic yellow J-3 Piper and the Piper L-4 Grasshopper versions would be soooo cool. Is there any way you could help a fellow flying freak out? :D

Hi Abyss! Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that. As for the skins, they have moved to the Resource section of the forums. See the first post for direct links. I have yet to make a Spitfire, big Mustang, BF109 and FT Simple Cub skin. They are on my to do list. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have a day job and don't have much time to create skins. Maybe one day that will change.

Rasterize

Mentor
Hi Steve, love the skins you did a great job. I downloaded one of your FT skins and took it over to my local OfficeMax to print on 11 x 17 and they said they could not print it because of copyright issues. There is nothing I can find were the skins are that says you give permission to print them. Any Ideas beside buying a $200 printer?
Thanks

A very good point. On each PDF page I am now including a permissions line giving you permission to make copies for personal use just as Sp0nz does no his plans.

Rasterize

Mentor
Don't get me wrong, I loved being in a FT episode. However I still want to redo these.

jajefan

I love seeing the skin index back up and better than ever!

I'm delighted to see that there are some 8.5x11 versions out now.

This might be naive of me, but would it be easy to just simply scale up the MM P-51 skins for the regular size swappable P-51? Or are the two plans distinct enough that it wouldn't work? Just a thought.

Rasterize

Mentor
I love seeing the skin index back up and better than ever!

Thanks! I really am liking it as well. Sorry it took so long.

I'm delighted to see that there are some 8.5x11 versions out now.

Usually for the smaller aircraft. It becomes impractical with the larger ones.

This might be naive of me, but would it be easy to just simply scale up the MM P-51 skins for the regular size swappable P-51? Or are the two plans distinct enough that it wouldn't work? Just a thought.

I tried that early on. Unfortunately they are not just "proportionally scaled" versions of one another.

Rasterize

Mentor
It's been along time coming but I'm almost there...
A sneak peak!
Putting the finishing touches on a ski for the FT Simple Cub Classic

FT Classic Simple Cub Proof.jpg

And a quick variant with blue and white sun beams.

FT Simple Cub Clipped Blue White Sun Beam Proof.jpg

Here are some close ups of the Piper Cub logo and the "Simple Cub" logo on the design.

1536728353394.png

I will post link to the PDF skins on on the first post on this thread and in the Resource area when they are done.

Last edited: