Rasterize - Skindex

Jesse Dupreez

View attachment 112557

Grab a cuppa of your favorite beverage and peruse the Skindex for your next "must build"!
Find the model you are interested in and click on the link.
This will take you to the skin resource page for that aircraft.
Check out the pictures to get an idea of what the skin looks like.
Then download the printable PDFs.

Happy building and go make some memories!
~ Stephen aka Rasterize

FT Simple Storch - Afrika Korp

FT MM DR1 Triplane - Red Baron

FT MM P51 Mustang - Old Crow, Bunny, Paul I

FT Mighty Mini Corsair - Major Gregory "Pappy" Boyington

FT Mini Scout - Aviatik D.I "Berg" flown by Austro-Hungarian ace Frank Linke-Crawford

XF Bloody Brit - Dan Sponholz - Eddie Rickenbacker

XF Bloody Baron - Dan Sponholz - Erst Udet

Gotha Gaggle Baby Barons- 26 skins to choose from!

Gotha Gaggle Baby Brits- 28 skins to choose from!
F16 Viper - Ben Harber - Thunderbird

MiniacRC FT Style Mighty Mini P40 - 4 skins Flying Tiger, SAAF, Pearl Harbor, Stud

Want full size printed skins and plans delivered right to your door?

Me too. Unfortunately, Fliteskins has been closed.
I don't know if or when it will reopen.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
I will still be doing skins but probably not any new ones until early 2021.

Introducing...
www.Fliteskins.com
After many years of designing skins (paper coverings) for foam RC aircraft including Flite Test, I’m now offering the ability to print full-size skins with plans. Taping and gluing of tiled are a thing of the past! All skins come with a full-size copy of the plans for reference.

We are starting off the grand opening of the Flite Skins website with the Flying Tiger color scheme for the Flite Test P40! Printed on three full size sheets of 24X36 20lbs bond paper, this kit includes a full sized set of printed plans for reference. Skins that are already available for download on the resource section of the Flite Test forums will be added soon.

Orders placed M-F ship the next day, Sat and Sun ships Mon. All prices include shipping via USPS Priority Mail in the continental USA.

June 15th www.fliteskins.com launched with announcement of FT P40 Flying Tiger livery.

June 19th Flite Test Simple Cub Classic Yellow added to site

June 22nd Flite Test Mighty Mini Scout – Aviatik D.I “Berg” added to site

June 24 Sp0nz Bloody Baron – Ernst Udet’s black Albatross added to site

June 25 Flite Test Mighty Mini P51 Mustang Old Crow added to site

June 26 Three versions of the Flite Test Mighty Mini Fokker DRI are added to the site

July 11 Flite Test Mighty Mini SE5 Billy Bishop and Lt Joseph Elwood “Child Yank” Boudwin 25th Aero Squadron added to site

I will be adding more as time permits. Check back later for new skins!
Do you have a SE5 skin?

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Any idea how much more these will cost? 20-30% increase? I would gladly throw cash at it!

Honestly, I don't know how they will be priced. There is nothing really on the market to make an apples-to-apples comparison, so....
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/13B1WmJg7HwjGU" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

kilroy07

Legendary member
3aa23590b3ae76ef1c8f494e31ebe560.jpeg

Rasterize

Mentor
I think I may need to reformat this thread. Make more about the printed SBK's we are working on with links to the first post for the free skins on the FT Resources page. **Sigh*** Another project.

joelspangler

Thanks Raserize for this thread any any efforts you need in re-organization of the first thread. I've been eagerly watching for news on availability on these. Pre-printed/skinned planes would be amazing. Looking forward to hearing more about durability of the printed finish (does it rub off) as well as how well it holds up to water (dew, and even on something like floats or a waterplane). Are you printing DIRECTLY on the foam (no covering at all), or is there some new type of paper/plastic skin that's being tested? If this method is durable/waterproof, one plane that might be extremely simple to make a skin for would be the sea duck (it's mostly yellow). I've been wanting to build one of those, but am afraid normal DTFB isn't going to hold up, and I'd be wasting my time.

Rasterize

Mentor
Thanks Raserize for this thread any any efforts you need in re-organization of the first thread.

Thanks. It will be a work in progress.

I've been eagerly watching for news on availability on these. Pre-printed/skinned planes would be amazing.

I agree and so far they look very promising.
1632782888879.png

Looking forward to hearing more about durability of the printed finish (does it rub off) as well as how well it holds up to water (dew, and even on something like floats or a waterplane).

So far it seems very durable. No guarantees if you pile drive it into the ground! lol The ink is UV cured. I saw no issues in the running/smudging department. I think the foam we had was the water-resistant type foam. So very water-resistant. Seaplanes, on the other hand, are a different thing.

Are you printing DIRECTLY on the foam (no covering at all), or is there some new type of paper/plastic skin that's being tested?

Correct. We are UV printing directly on the foamboard. Other than it being the water-resistant type foam, there are no other coverings involved. Builds in the classic FT style (A/B folds etc).

If this method is durable/waterproof, one plane that might be extremely simple to make a skin for would be the sea duck (it's mostly yellow). I've been wanting to build one of those, but am afraid normal DTFB isn't going to hold up, and I'd be wasting my time.

So far the words that have been used are "water-resistant" not "water-proof". I don't know of any tests in the area of seaplanes that have been done or planned.

Last edited:

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Correct. We are UV printing directly on the foam. Other than it being a water-resistant type foam, there are no other coverings involved.
You're saying it's direct print to foamboard, typical fb design with paper on each side, not direct to foam, correct? It looks like foamboard in the videos/images.

Rasterize

Mentor
You're saying it's direct print to foamboard, typical fb design with paper on each side, not direct to foam, correct? It looks like foamboard in the videos/images.

Correct. Sorry if I was unclear. It's foamboard with paper on both sides. Build like typical FT design.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Knocked it out of the park again mate. Have you guys done any testing on those inks for its resistance to being damp or wet? I know at flite fests that the foam alone would struggle with those high heat days and cold nights when the dews set in but that was the white covered foam mostly.
I wonder if a light clearcoat or shellac would help with water resistance....

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I wonder if a light clearcoat or shellac would help with water resistance....

Well it is a "UV activated" ink so it may cure like epoxy and become a solid not just a coating. in any case an airbrush level clear coat should work great on any colored aircraft. The rattle can stuff tends to shoot far to heavy.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Stuka eye candy..
Decided to practise what I preach and skin a plane. lol Did Stuka with a special desert camo (since I live in Tucson). I learned so much in the process. Turned out real slick. Maiden should be this Saturday if the weather is cooperative. Check it out.

Have you got the skins for this stuka still?? What stuka plans did you use??

Rasterize

Mentor
Have you got the skins for this Stuka still?? What stuka plans did you use??

Wow! A blast from the past for me. I loved that skin/plane. I did it for MiniacRC's 27" wingspan Mini Stuka. I really wanted to enlarge it but never got around to it. Honestly, I do not know if I have the files or not. Had a hard drive failure over a year ago and lost some data. However, my NAS saved a bunch of stuff so I'll have to search it. John Overstreet has a Master Series Stuka so I will probably use some of the art from MiniacRC's Stuke to translate over to the MS so I'll have to search for it eventually.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Wow! A blast from the past for me. I loved that skin/plane. I did it for MiniacRC's 27" wingspan Mini Stuka. I really wanted to enlarge it but never got around to it. Honestly, I do not know if I have the files or not. Had a hard drive failure over a year ago and lost some data. However, my NAS saved a bunch of stuff so I'll have to search it. John Overstreet has a Master Series Stuka so I will probably use some of the art from MiniacRC's Stuke to translate over to the MS so I'll have to search for it eventually.
Cool thanks 😃

Burnhard

Neither could I, so I did this:
View attachment 170050

This is the WW1 Austrian hex camo pattern that I originally put on the Mini Scout. Just got done adapting it to the Simple Scout. The real Skins are 24X101 inches which includes skins for 3 and 4 channel versions as well as all the extra plan peces need to complete the model including the bombs. These are hot of the press (so to speak) and have never been printed before and never been built. Heck I don't even have it on the resource page or the FliteSkins website....yet. It should look cool. Here is a mini scout with the same skins on to give you an idea. Should I add the Spandau MG08 machine guns to the Simple Scout skn?

View attachment 170052

Downloadable mini scout skins are located here for those interested.
These look fantastic? Would these work on a XL scout as well?