Rames

Hey Rames,

I just found this thread for the first time from your signature line. Nice design. Are you bringing this one on Saturday?

Sure thing. I haven't flown it since last July. It was a fun design and build, but very time consuming.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Sure thing. I haven't flown it since last July. It was a fun design and build, but very time consuming.

Cool. Nice to know it still exists. :) My H-1 was like that. Very time consuming and rewarding and I don't fly it often. haha.

DarkFire

That's a good idea. The cowl is the only part of the plane I'm not thrilled with. It really needs that round look up front. The trick is making a smooth transition from round cowl to the slab sides of the FT design.

This may be an old thread, but I think both the subject plane and the plane built here are awesome!! With regards to the cowl, I think duct work can come into use here. Attached are a few pics of square to round fairings used in air ducts for buildings and homes.

Attachments

• image015.png
    image015.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
  • t4_1.gif
    t4_1.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
  • raw-square-to-round-adapter.jpg
    raw-square-to-round-adapter.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0

talls6

How did I miss this. I have a soft spot for the TBD or perhaps more for the aircrew who flew them knowing they were obsolete. Great work although this is 5 years later. I might have to print the plans and give it a go.