Ratel, Micro Eagle, turtle v2, or Falkor. That is the question.

CMadman

Looking to buy a better camera than the one that comes stock with what im getting. All the reviews in the world didnt really help me making a choice they just narrowed the field. Whats the best quality low latency camera? I hear alot of consense for the runcam. But i also see alot of people switching to different cameras from runcam and loving the switch. So all of this is very confusing to me as to which is the right one. If the runcam has lower latency but has slightly poorer quality than the falkor. I mean does the 22ms latency the falkor has even noticeable? I cant imagine it would be.

FDS

Elite member
Caddx Ratel is a superb camera, I have two and both work great. It was a better feed than my Predator V3. I didn’t like the Swift2 I tried, it had a terrible picture out the box. Enough to put me off Runcam.
Human reaction time is far higher than most camera latency, for anyone but the pin sharpest of racers it’s mostly hype.
The Turtle or Split will be needed for recording 1080/60 and flying all in one, if you want that option. The longer latency in those systems is due to both feeds being on the same camera.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Depending what you fly the swift2 mini or micros to me are the best. You just gotta have half a clue how to set them up.

This is what those setting look like on a swift2mini in my alien.

This is a recent run on my gremlin with a micro.

I dont reccomend any of the splits or other onboard hd cameras. They do great for the hd footage but are total garbage for the fpv side and can be unflyable under certain light changes and very unsafe.

Last edited:

CMadman

Im looking to get into freestyle. Need new excitement in my life lol ive never flown FPV yet. Wanna make sure i have the best experience so i dont get discouraged. Bought an emax hawk 5 got my HdOs got my taranis my long range modules my antennas got the laforge v4 since ill be by myself and it was cheap as hell. I wanna swap the camera out of the hawk 5 for something better. And right now after all my research and hours of watching videos these 4 seem to be the most up to date with the best picture with the lowest latency. But if there are better quality cameras out there with low latency feel free to add them.

CMadman

Depending what you fly the swift2 mini or micros to me are the best. You just gotta have half a clue how to set them up.

This is what those setting look like on a swift2mini in my alien.

This is a recent run on my gremlin with a micro.

I dont reccomend any of the splits or other onboard hd cameras. They do great for the hd footage but are total garbage for the fpv side and can be unflyable under certain light changes and very unsafe.
The nintendo game music had me dying lmao