RC AMX-13 (Maker Faire: done!)

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Yeah I got a trumpet last december, I have been kinda lazy so I decided to take lessons and they start the 17th
As for the tank, I have been talking with some inav dudes about a laser tag system but I also have this, not sure I can send that so tell me if I need to remove it.
Of course I could make it fire confetti and it would be almost safe but this is more for the show and as a technical challenge for me.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
This is awesome! I've got a printer, do you plan on sharing the files? I also use fusion so I plan on making a 1/2 scale version and adapting to suit my needs.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
I'm planning on redesigning it extensively, I'm primarily interested in the tracks and gearbox as I started working on my own last night.

Attachments

• tank.PNG
    tank.PNG
    273.5 KB · Views: 0

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Since the mechanical aspect is nearly complete I started working on decorations such as periscopes, cupola and headlights.
DSC_2476.JPG
DSC_2477.JPG
The lights are not functionnal, they are just 3d printed cups with aluminium tape inside to reflext light and I think it looks quite good.
All the little details like this really give it personnality.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I re-designed new gearboxes to convert the tank to front drive, more realistic to the real one and less prone to untracking, also it means the gearboxes will be just under the hatch and I will be able to seal the back properly, as well as provide soe weight to the front to make the tank more balanced.
DSC_2691.JPG
I had to offset the whole gearbox from the side of the body to give clearance for the suspensions and make the gears smaller because the diameter of the front of the tank is really small.

I also dismantled one of the old gearboxes to salvage the parts and inspect it, the gears and 3d printed bearing races had no wear or damage and grease clings on really well to plastic gears.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I finished the front drive conversion of the tank.

I also got some nice wear on the tracks.
DSC_2703.JPG

I also changed the floor of the tank after it was damaged by the water and started sealing the back since I dont need it open anymore.

Also, I got my new 3d printer (Anet A8 plus) so I can re-print the turret ring into a better version.
DSC_2699.JPG

It is pretty nice, took me about 4 hours to build it and get it running and then some more to flash Marlin on it.
It prints rather well, I am satisfied with it (PSU fan is really loud however)

man-bot

Nice work on this. Just able to catch up and start posting again.

I played world of tanks and hated that french putt putt tank. When they first came out they would run up close and pin themselves to my Jagdtiger and tickle me to death.

I would spin is circles and slide them around when I should have been able to squash it like a bug. Gross tonnage wins everytime when playing bumper cars.

Lots of people left the game because of that including myself. What was the point of wasting time leveling at that point.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Because I have a flight controller with inav in the tank, I set it up to stabilize the turret (the real AMX-13 doesnt have stab)
It currently doesnt have the elevation servo so it is only traverse but it does work

It is only limited by the speed at which the turret can spin which isnt very high but it is nice at least

man-bot

Wow that is a nice addition. By the time thus project is done you will have driver and gunner fpv systems installed and be putting rounds down range with accuracy.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Haha I could, I ordered some stepper motors to make an autoloader system but that will wait for a while.
At least the tank is almost functionnal in every way I wanted.

man-bot

Yes sir. You have done an awesome job on this project. I was surprised to read it carried the weight of a child. Thats pretty impressive on its own.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well if I remove the turret it can easily carry 2 or 3 kilograms, I do plan on driving more babies around

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well im back, it was a very fun 3 days
DSC_3562.JPG
As you can see I had the biggest and most powerful vehicle, pretty funny that the bigger the team, the smaller the vehicle is

I made plenty of friends, I might work with them on future projects. The guys with the laser cut tanks want to make a 1:5 scale Panther next year so I will maybe make a 1:5 scale T-34 to counter them
DSC_3538.JPG

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
huh, cant believe I havent update in that long. Im currently retroffiting the tank with a thin plywood floor to make it amphibious, also it is equipped with GPS and FPV in anticipation of inav 2.5 which will add rover support.