RC BOAT Prodjekt

Husky98

Hi,
This is maybe not the right forum to ask but I am asking any way
I have this long therm project to build an rcboat.
The boat it self is build of aluminum.
I have a 46cc chain saw engine that I am thinking to use as an boat engene.
But I don`t know what i need of supplies and how to mount it.
Anny suggestion?
I have now taken out the floore to make sure the welding isn`t leaking water

IMG_0491.JPG IMG_0492.JPG IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0487.JPG IMG_0488.JPG

liamnave

flyboy
Hey husky! This forum is for multirotors and fixed wing only. However I can give you some idea of what you will need to build a boat. Obiosly you already have an engine, other then that you will need a trannsmiter, a receiver, servos, and a battery. This is about the extent of my knowledge when it comes to boats. For mor info i would check out rc groups ant www.rcgroups.com happy flying! or floating, whatever. BE HAPPY

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
No worries. Posts often get misplaced and then refiled where they belong. I'll stick this one in a more appropriate section.

As for suggestions, I'm thinking that boat could use a helo deck and functional heli.:cool:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I vote a winch for the paragliders. That way it goes more with the current FT Theme for the team and the PPG progressions.

As far as mounting I would take a flat plate and bend up the sides then drill bolt holes to fit where the handles were. You are also going to need a flexible shaft and sleeve to get to the outside of the boat and connect the propeller. Some sort of water proof transition to do that will have to be incorporated. then you will probably have to mount a steering mechanism for the rudder to connect. That is usually up on the transom but I have seen total under water line set ups as well.

Don't forget some kind of water proof casing for all the electronics as well they get a tad touchy about being wet. Then when you do get it all together remember boats are missing one important thing and that metal hull can be quite dangerous. Boats do not usually tend to have brakes and that mass of the metal will surely carry momentum quite a ways on water.