RC club help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi i am from a small town in west virginia and need help getting ideas to bring in new members to our club. We are currently sitting at about 5-6 members that reguarlly come out and I cant convince other people to come out. What should I do?

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
You could try mentioning it on your local Craigslist. I don't think it would cost you anything.

pressalltheknobs

Advertise. Have a "open day". Do a presentation at a local event. Do a presentation to a local school science/technology club. Depends what and how many members you want to attract. Best to make some goals for that and target them or you may end up somewhere that won't work.

RAM

I am sorry that I forgot to mention this is a school club and I need more student members. Thank you I will try to use youre advice though.

If you have a small budget you could purchase some DTFB and have a "build day" where you help visitors build thier own glider. Not too much expense for the club and no need for your visitors to have any equipment. You introduce them to the idea and send them home with something that flies. It's an idea that fly fishing clubs have used in the past to introduce people to the hobby.

pressalltheknobs

Are you an officially recognized "school club"? If not then look into becoming one assuming that is something your school does. If it's a school club then you can get announcements, be in a newsletter etc. You may even be able to get money. Often there is a School club day where you get to recruit new people. Generally school clubs need a faculty sponsor (eg. a teacher with that interest) who can help guide all that.

Flyingninja

You could put up coroplast signs that let's people know about it. I discovered my local club when they were having a fly-in. So something like that might be a good idea.