RC falconry models

kulens

Nice to see this message popping up on the forum. I've been test-flying the models during the development.

IMG_1993.JPG

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Kulens you were the pilot in that video for that web site?

If so you got mad skills mate that is some serious evasive maneuvering in that promo video.

I involuntarily did the same thing last year hehe.

kulens

Kulens you were the pilot in that video for that web site?

If so you got mad skills mate that is some serious evasive maneuvering in that promo video.

True, that's what you need to do with a well trained falcon at your tail chasing you :) We've been testing the models in heavy windy conditions and with high speeds (+190km/h in a dive from ~500m high, recorded with a gps-tracker). It's so much fun to fly those rc-planes/-birds. People from the local RC-club are even flying the rc-birds (ro-crow), regardless the fact they don't use it for training falcons :)

IMG_2006.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh I can imagine. they are fast and obviously very agile. Who wouldn't wanna rip thru the wild blue like that. Now get some FPV footage while that craziness is going on hehe. :eek:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
These were mentioned in the latest (or the one before?) Angle of Attack podcast. People seem to have liked them at Joe Nall.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
These were mentioned in the latest (or the one before?) Angle of Attack podcast. People seem to have liked them at Joe Nall.

Wasn't there a post that Joe Nall was canceled due to weather issues? I could have swore I saw a post somewhere about that. Maybe it was a troll casting and I took the bait. anyway yes these are way cool and amazingly agile.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
They had a few days or so before people were told to go home because of predicted heavy rain incoming.