RC Flying Checklist

Fledermaus

That said, I'm trying to make a comprehensive checklist of items that would make the perfect RC work bench. Let me know what I should add and what is unnecessary. Thanks in advance.

BTW, FightHobby, I'm in the same position as you and this list will be invaluable, so thanks muchly for posting and asking for the responses!

In fact, I liked your list so much I converted it to an Excel Spreadsheet. Want a copy?

Last edited:

FightHobby

Sure. Maybe we will get noticed and FT will do video in the beginner's series about making a checklist and what should be on it!

Fledermaus

Here ya go. I fiddled around a bit and added a couple of additional pages for keeping track of...stuff. Added categories to sort by and boxes for vendors and costs. I've gotten a little confused lately about what I ordered from who, and what I want to order from who. Just click on the link to download.

http://tinyurl.com/mppqg3f

rc spreadsheet 01.jpg

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Stop spending time on lists and go fly!

Just kidding, I also have my own Excel lists... but make sure you leave some time for flying :p

Fledermaus

but make sure you leave some time for flying :p

Ha! Yeah, got in about 45 minutes on the Nano this afternoon. Finally got it to bind correctly to my new DX6i and discovered why it's so much more fun to fly than on the little Tx it came with.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Finally got it to bind correctly to my new DX6i and discovered why it's so much more fun to fly than on the little Tx it came with.

Just don't let someone else put their $$$$$$ transmitter in your hand -- "Hey, check out how this transmitter feels!" . . . How will it feel? It'll feel like money leaving your wallet ;)

FightHobby

I fly for an hour or two every night. It just happens to be on a sim... haha. I'm taking it slow. It is getting cold around here. My plan is to launch in the spring. Also, 60+ hour work weeks don't lend themselves to "free time."

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Here ya go. I fiddled around a bit and added a couple of additional pages for keeping track of...stuff. Added categories to sort by and boxes for vendors and costs.

I don't know if it would be possible, but just to make the list more practical and easier to follow, and a lot less intimidating, maybe add a category for skill level. Have just the bare minimum to get into the air listed as "beginner" and the stuff that is nice to have, but not really needed, listed as "intermediate", and finally have the really nice, but rather expensive and not necessary, stuff listed as "advanced".

I also see that you have both quadcopter parts and fixed wing parts listed. Might be nice to separate those too. That way if someone wants to get into quadcopters, they have a list of everything they need. If they want to get into fixed wings, they'll have a list of everything they need. Maybe even take some of the FT plans and have a check list of if the part is needed for that specific plane. Like, a "lost plane alarm" won't fit into an FT Flyer, you wouldn't have that checked. But maybe it's a good idea to have one for the FT Cruzer or Spitfire.

These are just ideas to make the check list more practical, in my opinion.

augernaught

Augernaught
The most important thing on any mans build bench/area is a calender with very cute young ladies,
in near invisible string bikinis, or lacy and sexy outfits and high heels, holding RC planes in very enticing poses.
(even if you have to cut-and-paste the planes onto their pics from an outside sourced Google image of an FT foamy).

It will remind you that ALL beautiful women in the world are absolutely crazy in love with us geeky guys who
fabricate flying model TOYS out of DTF, and how all women desire us above any other men!
Be they rich, be they sports figures, be they doctors, or lawyers and judges, singers and guitar hero's,
all of which make millions of dollars a year acting like butt-heads, these women want us more!

These beautiful women desire us more for our creativity and skillzzzz ............... ahhh who am I kidding?

Just make two copies and send me the other one for MY shop........... :confused:
A guy can still dream, huh? ...... ..... .... ... .. . ~

TIA :mad:

FightHobby

Finally got a plane. Only took a couple years to get around to it.

Landing is hard, but hard landings are easy.