rc futaba

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Breaks on gliders kan be very different things.
On scale glider you will normally find something getting up from the wings inducing drag - like

But it is not so common on competition RC gliders. Use of flaps and ailerons as breaks are more common in my world.
Ailerons and flaps are programmed to work
- together with elevator.
- all aileron
- camber and reflex for thermal and speed flightmodes
- start mode (when pulling with catapults or winches)
- breakes
There are lost of videos showing the modes and how to program with differet brands of radios.
One short example - not a competition glider - just a foamie - but something similar in programming.

tomcat

yes its not a competition that is a cheaper way if you have 6 channel radio an you need one more channel, how do you know futaba has aileron, elevator, rudder dual rate switch and channel 6 is for a flap switch its not a problem buy the hobbyking brakes and connect it in the same way but it depends how much money you like to spend over your plane and i dont like buying stuff i love to build an use my brain to fix the problem not to spend 1000 pond for a new radio because i dont have a idea if its possible to connect my brakes to a different set up i love the challenge an i try fix my problems that is old school before 20 years was only 4 channel radios an that was like a normal problem how to give your radio more channels it was a really nice challenge which is now missing because you dont need to think you only tell ive done a mistake an i need to spend more money on a different radio