RC Laser Tag

Aerotec

Hey everyone! I'm a student engineer who is constantly thinking up of way on how to add to our hobby. Me and a few of my colleagues are developing a laser tag product that you would be able to quickly attach to any airplane/multirotor and be able to dog fight in an epic laser tag battle.

Our aim is to keep this system as cheap as possible so that someone can purchase a set of 2-4 laser tagging kits and be able to quickly attach them to their friends' aircraft at the field for a bit of impromptu top gun action.

If this sounds interesting to you, please check out our website at http://laserrc.weebly.com/ for more information about it. We would love to receive any feedback from you all on what you think the system should be able to do. What do you think?

Aerotec

Hey mate, welcome to the forums :)

if you want this product alraedy exists http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_10_135_174

Thank you for showing us this! This is a very similar concept of what we are developing. However, we hope to do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. With their system, to do basic combat with just two airplanes you would have to invest over $200. Unless somebody has a very large wallet, it tends to take the fun out of it when it costs that much.

eagle4

if you can get the cost down that will be amazing.
I love how they have a base that you can shoot and it shoots back at you. that would be an awesome addition to what you're working on if you get a chance.

KJ4CCH

arduino with a couple IR lasers, then count the hits and display on lcd screen? I though about this a couple times. of course then there is the code involved hahah

RichB

arduino with a couple IR lasers, then count the hits and display on lcd screen? I though about this a couple times. of course then there is the code involved hahah

Arduino PWM processing is pretty easy. I would like to see an option where the throttle channel to the ESC passes through the hit counter, and cuts off the throttle when you get shot up enough

Actually, this could work in all kinds of ways, if you give the hit counter all the receiver outputs, you could even do things like lockout the rudder, etc.