Help! RC motor/esc issues

Wheatbread47

I am new to RC planes and I got a used ESC, motor, servos, and controller. All parts worked fine weeks ago, and they haven't been damaged. however, I cannot get the motor to spin anymore, it just jitters and doesn't spin. Here is a video of the issue, I would like to keep all the parts I can without spending too much money on new stuff, the batteries are new. There is no beeping from the ESC when I turn the stuff on. I will put a link to a video of the issue. Didnt mean to make it a short, that's just how yt is rn. https://youtube.com/shorts/kZM9OdexV3w?feature=share

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
..the motor to spin anymore, it just jitters and doesn't spin....
I agree with HVB79, one of the 3 wires going to the motor is not making contact. The brake could be anywhere along the wire. Try unplugging the wires one at a time. If there is no change, that's the wire with the issue. Gently tug on the bullet connector, sometimes there is a bad solder joint, it will easily pull off.

Wheatbread47

I agree with HVB79, one of the 3 wires going to the motor is not making contact. The brake could be anywhere along the wire. Try unplugging the wires one at a time. If there is no change, that's the wire with the issue. Gently tug on the bullet connector, sometimes there is a bad solder joint, it will easily pull off.
That appears to be the issue, one of the connectors on the ESC itself was soldered wrong and came off. I am going to try to resolder it tomorrow. Thanks so much