RC PLANE with REAL SOUNDING MACHINE GUNs / Cannons??

gurcsik

welcome to the most paranoid country on earth! a toy gun left at a mall put the entire area in lockdown for the whole day two weeks ago near where i work

James Dougal

lol really? its not like that in britain at all kids play with cap guns and bombs all the time lol and i mean everywhere lol

How about airsoft guns then ? No smoke No fire just electronics. Just take out the guts of the air soft gun and mount it, or mount as is. There toy gun that shots on a plane. NOW CALL IN AN AIRSTRIKE!!! BD

James Dougal

yeah that would be fun on a cheap plane against plane have real dogfights lol but i was meaning for show because alota people would like to have something that sounds like its shooting smell and see but for aisoft its all electro lol and fires something so safety would come into that one but would be cool tho

oh pish posh! safty isn't an ishu with air soft! you can shoot someone with a sniper rifle at point blank and all thell have is a bruse. and besides ho dusent like sunglasses!BD (my spelling is bad becuse of youtube soooo... braaaaaa 8@== )

teflyer

Full Circle
I do not want to restrict any creative juices and understand that this was not the original idea, but wouldn't putting any type of projectile firing mechanism that fires past 100fps on a moving plane rather dangerous (No reason why I picked 100fps, could be higher or lower). From what I learned from previous sites was that airsoft guns fire projectiles around 300fps. Although I know that as airsoft pellet does not have much mass, it still has the potential of being rather dangerous without very careful behavior. Just in case someone actually might want to go outside and try this, although there are videos already on youtube of people doing this stuff.

of course there is the possibility that I am wrong, but I think it is better to be safe.

Last edited:

earthsciteach

Do what you want, as long as it doesn't endanger living things or property. But, if you post it on a forum, be prepared to incur the wrath of the PC police. This forum is FAR less judgmental than others!

teflyer

Full Circle
Sorry if I sounded kind of harsh. I just want people to see possible dangers of doing that kind of stuff. Something about imagining a RC plane firing projectiles makes me want to run for cover.:D

One thing I was worried about was that people like me would see this idea and decide to try it out without any forethought and anger or injure someone. I know when I first saw the videos of airsoft equipment on rc planes a couple of years ago, that was all I thought about without any thought of the possiblity of injuring someone.

Last edited:

earthsciteach

I was not commenting on your post, teflyer. I've said far less "controversial" things on "WF.com" and was vilified for it. I stay away from that forum now.

James Dougal

oh dear sorry to hear about that forum aswell bud hope u dont get a bad experience again and yeah a dont think airsoft on a plane is a good idea i like it to the extent of people having fun and not being too immature and doing bad things with it but i like my original ideas :D there safe too :D