RC Reading with arduino and pinchangeint libarary problem

stythys

I am working on a project where I use an arduino uno in the loop with a rc receiver feeding information into it, then the uno is sending information into an APM 2.5 autopilot to control a drone.

The first approach i was using involved code that used pulseIn to read the pwm from the receiver and it worked but was very sloppy.

So we switched over to interrupts and I used some example code to read the rc controller and the readings were beautiful.
http://rcarduino.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-read-rc-receiver-with.html

The next step was I wanted to read multiple channels and be able to control the drone again using my rc controller going through the uno. I found this project and it looked good I just needed to make some small tweaks for my application.
http://rcarduino.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-read-multiple-rc-channels-draft.html

The problem I am having is this uses a library and I have downloaded and installed the proper library, but it's not working. I try to compile and i get " 'PCintPort' has not been declared ". I've also noticed that when I try to put the library in the code with the drop down menu it just puts a blank space in there instead. I tested other libraries and they will put in the lines of code in properly (ex. #include <EEPROM.h>).

So does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I am very confused, I've tried using both the latest stable IDE and the beta. Deleted the library and installed different versions. I'm at a loss.

stythys

An update and a bump I have found a few people that can compile this code but every computer I try to do this on it will not work. I have done just about everything imaginable to clean up my computer to get rid of anything that might be interfering except a complete wipe since I need an external to back up some things. Anyone know of any known programs that interfere with the Arduino IDE or have been known to if they start to corrupt?