RC Scrub Here!

VarietyPack

I've been actively flying for about a year now, although for seven I owned a UMX Su-26XP that I learned to fly on (not recommended) during sporadic sessions. Just joined FT forums today, but I've built one of their FT MM Mustangs and crashed it, and then built the FT MM Corsair and cartwheeled it probably two dozen times now. The Corsair has recovered and will be up in the sky as soon as I get my new V8FR-II receiver. I think I burned out the old Ar610.

I'm gradually making the switch from Spektrum to FrSky and am having trouble understanding how the electronics should be combined so I stop burning them up, but otherwise I'm a pretty good pilot. Assembly and ground maintenance: not so much.

Love what FT is doing for the hobby and I plan on teaching this to my future children! I'll be flyin' 'tilI'm dyin'!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to the family mate.

Those videos will give you basics on how to hook up gear and all. there are also many specific videos for the Taranis set up. I recommend browsing Painless360s channel as he has done a TON of videos on how to set up most of the things you can do with a Tarnis. Also feel free to ask questions in here as enough people have them and use them like Rockboy. He has a thread where he posts his model set ups and such on his Taranis which may have what you are looking for or at the very least inspire you to mix n match to make your set up work.

Bricks

Master member
Glad to see you are still here after your experiences you are not picking very newbie friendly planes for your first excursion into the hobby. You may want to look into high wing type trainer planes much more forgiving and hopefully longer life. Once you have them down and you are flying well then step up to warbirds if that is the direction you want to go.