RC slinger

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
You might want to get a simulator as well to train yourself at reflexes and stuff like that so you don´t go to the field and crash straight away.

Also you should considering getting basics, like spare props and good glue for fixing.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
ananas1301 ... I have a sim anan....... I can fly ok and have loads of spares a wing cant
be that much different than most slope soarers Flyingmonkey has suggested a broomstick
mount for the new motor???? The only prob I will have is setting elevons witch I have to
learn anyway

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Well its not really a problem I just never done it b4 and the turnigy programming is
quite ass about face but I will get it done

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Oups I didn´t realise you´re the one who posted this :D

Sorry for that....

And yeah setting up elevons is pretty much dialing in a little bit and thats pretty much it. I bet there are a bunch of good youtube videos which show that.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Well its not really a problem I just never done it b4 and the turnigy programming is
quite ass about face but I will get it done

Wait... the ebay item description says it comes with an onboard mixer... So you shouldn't need to program that...

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
You are right colorex it did come with an onboard mixer but the thing is old and I dont want to use
it so I will set it up using the rx settings 107_0078.JPG

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
107_0083.JPG 107_0084.JPG 107_0079.JPG 107_0080.JPG 107_0081.JPG
Just an update, gonna put this lot in the slinger the motor is 2200KV ........30amp ESC and a 6x4 pusher prop
Coudnt set the motor up at first turned out it was a dodgy solder joint re soldered it and it works fine

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor

Eventually got that baby singing in the air ,,,, roll to 3.30 to see the flying...it rolls lovely
loops easy inverted no problem....proud of the touch and go at around 9.30 (unintentional)
not recommended on a wing but there you go when a low pass hits the deck call it a
touch and go.....keep flying

bazooka

I've had some experience with the slinger.#1,reinforce the wing with carbon fibre rod before adding power. I used a ark and it totally destroyed the wing the first time I pulled out of a dive at high speed. The other thing why use an outrunner.These planes are designed for high rpm or high kv inrunners. The motor prop affair that comes on them is worthless.Check out lightflightrc.They have the ark motors and spec sheets for different props. Onceset up these are super good flyers,and they glide forever.