What video for my aviation YT channel? (Why Not??)

• Simulator things

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Video game things

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • mess around

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • all of the above

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

tesseract

Master member
strength to weight ratio on cardboard isn't as generally high as foam, but yes you can build stuff out of cardboard.

FT even did one plane from a Pizza box.
Oh yes, I forgot- Josh broke the rules twice! One with the junk plane and one with the mini arrow!

Cpl Goertz

I am in need of a very cheap RC TRainer plane and I'm not that keen on scratchbuilding as I'm low on glue. Something under 75$, and small. Does anyone have a suggestion of which plane I should get? Thanks in advance!!
If you can read this, you can eat a cookie :>
FT freighter is amazing and easy

Sly Fox

Eachine also makes 3, the mini P51, the mini F4U, and the mini TWO. All are about 400mm wingspan, are RTF and have 3 position gyro (off/advanced, intermediate, and beginner). They are in the $70 - $80 range.

MrBones9114

Eachine also makes 3, the mini P51, the mini F4U, and the mini TWO. All are about 400mm wingspan, are RTF and have 3 position gyro (off/advanced, intermediate, and beginner). They are in the $70 - $80 range.
I got the P-51 for christmas as my first plane and its a incredible value for only ~80, most other starter kits only come with the electronics or are another 30 bucks just for the plane

Attachments

• 20210107_184543.jpg
    20210107_184543.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Sly Fox

I got the P-51 for christmas as my first plane and its a incredible value for only ~80, most other starter kits only come with the electronics or are another 30 bucks just for the plane
They are. My P51 has taken a beating. Blew the front apart on a collision with a light pole. Got it home and repaired with hot glue. Still flies. I have the F4U and the T28 as well.

Got a HK ANX Floater this Christmas. Just waiting for some good weather to fly it.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I like Volantex models the bodies are plastic so far mor robust than a foam equivalent, although they are not as heavy as you would expect. The wings and tail section are foam but good quality and well made.
My only criticism is the quality of parts used in there PNP versions could be better, but they are adequate for the job. The motors are excellent though plenty of poke.
They are a good step up from the AXN (y)

mastermalpass

Elite member
Shameless self promotion: my Halfpipe plane should be scratch-buildable for $75 or less including a cheap transmitter expense if you don't already have one. I'm assuming you already have sufficient building tools:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/wingmill-rc-half-pipe-and-half-pipe-delta.66155/

As for storebought, I recently bought and reviewed a WL Toys F949. It's a model of the Cessna 182, rudder and elevator only like the FT Mini Scout. If you can find it for $50 or less, I totally recommend it. It's a light weight, low power model, so you won't be doing any aerobatics or flying in winds above 10mph, but it is a nice flyer for calm days.

Shameless self promotion again:

Phin G

Elite member
Shameless self promotion: my Halfpipe plane should be scratch-buildable for $75 or less including a cheap transmitter expense if you don't already have one. I'm assuming you already have sufficient building tools:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/wingmill-rc-half-pipe-and-half-pipe-delta.66155/

As for storebought, I recently bought and reviewed a WL Toys F949. It's a model of the Cessna 182, rudder and elevator only like the FT Mini Scout. If you can find it for $50 or less, I totally recommend it. It's a light weight, low power model, so you won't be doing any aerobatics or flying in winds above 10mph, but it is a nice flyer for calm days.

Shameless self promotion again:

Yes i have that plane and i have crashed it into bogs, basketball nets, other planes and it still flyes today. I have ripped it apart and put it together and it still flyes. On a fresh battery if you fly high and full throttle down and pull up then you can do a simple loop and stall loops but nothing else in the sense of aerobatics.