RC transmitter being locked out?

Shaun_Mileson

Hi I wonder if anyone can help, I experienced lock out/glitches for the first time whilst flying my quad FPV, I have a Hitec Optic 6 sport 2.4ghz tx/rx that I have been flying multicopters with for the last 6months with no problems, I recently got the HobbyKing/Fatshark 5.8ghz RTF FPV combo and while practicing flying FPV on Saturday I was literally stirring the sticks to get some response from the quad. I have the DJI Naza flight controller as stabilization.

My only thought of reasoning of what went wrong is that I have the aerial for the rx on the left side of the H-frame quad and the FPV tx is pretty much above and next to it, this causing the Hitec rx to lose signal because the FPV tx was overpowering it. If you watch the video of it I am on the quad's right hand side and the rx aerial is on the left side, causing a brown-out? I was maybe 200m away from it and had clear video feed the whole time so I couldn't be out of range by any means...

Any help suggestions are appreciated! this is stressing me out a bit

Nonamerc

Arman
Make a range check (on the same place) with your fpv of and on. Maybe it is an problem from your naza controll system. Is your hitec system FHSS?

Shaun_Mileson

Hi, Yes my Hitec is the FHSS version and not the 35mhz (legal frequency in South Africa). I had a suggestion from Chipgt that the railway lines were causing an issue (have a look at the vid here http://flitetest.com/articles/FPV_flight_gone_a_bit_wrong) and I tend to agree with him as I have flown it a lot further with the FPV on and had no problems. I may be a Naza thing but again I have been flying the Naza for a good 3 months with no issues (and I have flown the quad almost out of sight)

Nonamerc

Arman
Hi, Yes my Hitec is the FHSS version and not the 35mhz (legal frequency in South Africa). I had a suggestion from Chipgt that the railway lines were causing an issue (have a look at the vid here http://flitetest.com/articles/FPV_flight_gone_a_bit_wrong) and I tend to agree with him as I have flown it a lot further with the FPV on and had no problems. I may be a Naza thing but again I have been flying the Naza for a good 3 months with no issues (and I have flown the quad almost out of sight)

Yes railway lines do interfere with radio equipment the 5.8 GHz fpv system should not be the problem.