Rc wing

Plane

Hi
I’m making an rc wing but my controller can do aileron and Elevator mix so would it be possible to have the the aileron and elevator mix as just elevators then add a rudder for steering
Many thanks

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hi
I’m making an rc wing but my controller can do aileron and Elevator mix so would it be possible to have the the aileron and elevator mix as just elevators then add a rudder for steering
Many thanks
What controller do you have? What's wrong with doing an elevator and aileron mix, and a rudder?

FDS

Elite member
You can also get plug in mixers that do Elevons. You can even get stabilising mixers like the ZOHD Kopilot that do that and more.

Plane

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
If you really want to get more into planes and wings a better Transmitter should be something to save up for in future. Those are OK for basic 4ch planes with no mixes but there’s much better options as you progress that will grow with your flying.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I bought one of those ages ago when I started back into the hobby.
Without exaggeration it was my first mistake! I persevered with it for a year before I gave it away! No matter what I did the radio system experienced a large number of LOS events due to its antennas, (or lack of them).
I purchased a Turnigy iA6 2A as a replacement and in less than a year I became a flight instructor, a club committee member, and official mentor. From crashing about 50% of the time my crash rate is well below 1 in a 100, (and I do a lot of maidens and test flights for other club members).

Sell that radio and get a FlySky/Turnigy iA6 , (as a minimum).

Have fun!

Reactions: FDS

quorneng

Master member
Plane
As Hai-Lee points out it is a very basic, cheap, 4 ch 'park fly' transmitter & receiver for conventional planes only.
You can use a 'V-tail mixer' which will combine the elevator and aileron output from the receiver to give elevon control to two servos on a flying wing or a delta.
The fact that it is 'park fly' quality means its range and reliability are likely to be limited compared to mainstream (and rather more expensive) 2.4 systems.
In this case you do rather "get what you pay for".

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
You can split the elevons. Make the inner half elevator, on a "Y" servo wire (both servos with the same orientation, like flaps.). Then "Y" the ailerons.