RCExplorer.se - V1 vs. KK board versions

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You can program pretty much any of the boards to do what you need them to do, be it a tri, quad, octo, whatever.

The HobbyKing board is like an older version of the KK board, and should be programable the same way.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have not been successful with my KK board, but with my Quadrino board I downloaded a program that allows me to adjust the various specs for the board. There's lots of videos online as how to do this. It's super simple, with a built in mini USB port.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Thanks bbmagic! I looked for something like this, and had yet to find it. I even searched Dadde's website and had no luck.

Now I might have to make something with my old KK board.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Whoa, setting up a tricopter with a board seems hard. So the V1 is easiest but you have to jumpstart the gyros...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It's not that bad. I liked the tinkering. You can buy other boards that are easier to set up. They just cost more.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
That's what I was thinking when I made this thread. Not that I want a tricopter right now, but I think that the Tricopter v1 is much more straightforward. If only HobbyKing could flash the KKboards with tricopter firmware too! Hint hint...

bbmagic