RCModelReviews (Bruce Simpson) has been keeping tabs on Flitetest!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Ha! I was reading comments on the FatShark review that Bruce Simpson from RCModelReviews did and here's a reply from Bruce for one of the comments.

rcmvquote.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Sound like someone struck a nerve lol.

I think a better way to suggest that would have been to make a stand for his camera instead of "go buy this or that".

Find me a modeler that wouldn't take the challenge of building a camera stand lol

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I don't think the "factual and honest" comment was a jab at Flitetest, but rather Bruce saying that instead of upgrading his camera equipment, he'll just keep making the same down to earth style videos as usual for him. I could be wrong though, he did take the time to put asterisks around factual...who knows?

John Campbell

Electronic Media is the new magazine of choice with more and more viewers.... Hard Print magazines have a hard time competing with electronic media. It is more convenient and quicker to pull up, plus immediate user interaction. Hard print cannot do that. I expect to see more of this. Flite Test, you all have lifted the standards for getting information to us. Thanks for a great job and look forward in seeing more from you. Great job to the Josh's and the crew.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I like Bruces reviews but he is always banging on about how he is "honest and factual"....well I see on his 2011 review that he is going full time at it for 2012 (perhaps he has reached retirement age?) and is looking for sponsors etc etc so lets see how he goes

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
....well I see on his 2011 review that he is going full time at it for 2012 (perhaps he has reached retirement age?) and is looking for sponsors etc etc so lets see how he goes
I noticed that and was thinking the same thing that he must have retired. I like Bruce's videos and his humor and especially his accent but the "pitty me, I have no money, please donate" thing you hear on each video gets old.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Let's just hope it doesn't end like with RCPowers...
Do you mean like how Dave from RCP used to make fun "field" videos, now he just does boring audio commentary videos? If so, I don't think you have anything to worry about, Bruce's videos are already boring. Informative but boring lol

Last edited:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I thought maybe he meant the way RCP is constantly advertising their encyclopedia sized book collection. I like RCP videos but I get tired of the pitch. Same with the donate donate donate. I understand why they do it, just don't want to see it on every video.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I loved RCP´s videos too! They were always a nice show to watch, but as being said Bruces videos were jst informative about the plane itself.

The sad thing about RCpowers now is that there aren´t anny funny videos anymore. All he does is just trying to keep his website alive and making them few people purchase some of his courses or plans.