RE-Maiden flight - FT Corsair Master Series

Geronimo

So the original maiden flight yielded and almost uncontrollable squirrely plane, today was completely different.

I replaced the elevator servo with a new one. I bought a different brand servo based on recommendations I found elsewhere online and from the experienced folks here. Also, I dialed in 30% expo for all three controls.

After 5 minutes and a little trim, I was thoroughly impressed with how easily the Corsair flew. Truly, this plane flies just as well as many trainers. Although I decided to just keep it mellow and only one flight, I had a blast. The landing was smooth and soft. I'd definitely recommend the FT Corsair to anyone that has the skills to build it! Now it's time for some paint and decals.

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
So the original maiden flight yielded and almost uncontrollable squirrely plane, today was completely different.

I replaced the elevator servo with a new one. I bought a different brand servo based on recommendations I found elsewhere online and from the experienced folks here. Also, I dialed in 30% expo for all three controls.

After 5 minutes and a little trim, I was thoroughly impressed with how easily the Corsair flew. Truly, this plane flies just as well as many trainers. Although I decided to just keep it mellow and only one flight, I had a blast. The landing was smooth and soft. I'd definitely recommend the FT Corsair to anyone that has the skills to build it! Now it's time for some paint and decals.
Hopefully video???

Geronimo

Awesome, I actually just got my speedbuild kit on Friday.
For me, the only challenge was the tail segment of the fuselage. It's really easy to shape that up wrong. If you take your time on that part, you'll have a cool plane and a great flyer.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Always happy to see a successful maiden. I maidened my friend's MS Corsair for him and fully expected it to be a hassle. Nope! Was almost boring how easy it was. Probably the easiest warbird I've ever flown.

It's always been on my list of airplanes I'll build if the stars align and I have no planes to fix and am not already building something else because I forgot about it!