Re-using an Aura 5 into another plane

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

This is a rookie question about the Aura 5 board. I have an Aura board that I pulled out of my FT cub and I want to install it into my Tutor. I already have the Tutor profile in my receiver from a Tutor that I had earlier this year. The crazy thing about my first Tutor is that it got caught up in some upper winds an fly away. :cry: Here is my question. I would assume that I pull up the Tutor profile in my transmitter ( Spectrum ) and I use the bind button on the Aura to get the profile to bind to the receiver. I'm I on the right track ? :)

All input is welcomed,
Al

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... I would assume that I pull up the Tutor profile in my transmitter ( Spectrum ) and I use the bind button on the Aura to get the profile to bind to the receiver...
If the servos are laid identically, the control horn are on the same sides and the Aurora is in the same orientation as the original, then yes. All you will need is to trim out the plane.

If one or more of the servos are flipped, you may need to do some reversing. There are 4 ways to orient a servo, 2 of them are normal and 2 of them are reversed. There are also 2 sides too each control surface, flip side the control horn is on and you will need to reverse your servo.

I make sure all of my planes have the same servo orientation and the control horns are on the same side for each control surface. Doing this insures my servos are constant from plane to plane. If I don’t select the correct model in my Tx, the plane is still flyable. It may not fly well but nothing is reversed, I can land it and correct the error.

There is no right or wrong side, just be consistent from plane to plane.

Bricks

Master member
As Merv said but just remember reversing servos in the radio does not reverse them in the Aura. Double check the Aura to make sure it is correcting in the right direction, it "may" need to be reconfigured.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Bricks makes a great point, if there is reversing to do, do it in the Aurora, never in the Tx.

If you do it in the Tx, the sticks will work correctly but the gyros will be backwards. Instead of making a plane more stable the gyros will be fighting against you and crash your plane.

Likewise if there is mixing to do, do it in the Aurora, not the Tx.