RealFlight and Phoenix Transmitter

davidkdk

I don't have a simulator or transmitter yet. I'm going to get RealFlight 8 and Phoenix (the $13 package) within the next few weeks.

I was thinking I'd get the Interlink-X Transmitter for RealFlight 8. I know this won't work with Phoenix.
When I start building and flying for real I think I'm going to get the Spektrum DX9... something to grow into.

Should I get the Interlink-X AND an inexpensive transmitter for Phoenix?
Should I get an inexpensive transmitter for both RealFlight 8 and Phoenix?
Should I get the Spektrum DX9 and use it for RealFlight 8, Phoenix, and outdoor flying?

What are you folks doing for transmitters?

Thanks,

David

d8veh

Elite member
I don't think the Interlink works with Phoenix. If you get the 22 in 1 Flight Simulator Cable, you don't need to buy Realflight.

There is a version of the 22 in 1 that comes with its own Interlink for about $20, though I haven't tried it.

I would buy the 22 in 1 cable plus a proper transmitter for flying, then you can do everything and it won't cost much.

d8veh

Elite member
Yes... it's the 22 in 1 I was thinking of. This is the only one I know of... that's been referenced before... but it's $9.
https://www.banggood.com/22-in-1-RC...ht-G7-G6-G5-G4-p-950398.html?cur_warehouse=CN
I've not seen the $20 version... you mean this version comes with a transmitter?

I thought I'd get RealFlight anyway. Kinda makes up for not really paying for Phoenix.
The 22 in 1 cable includes a version of Reallflight.

Here's the version that includes the transmitter. You should be able to find it cheaper on Ebay or Aiexpress:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J34FKCC/?tag=lstir-20

As I already said, it doesn't make sense to spend hundreds of dollars on Realflight when you don't have a transmitter ffor real flying. The 22 in 1 cable with a real transmitter will give you everything you need to get flying. To me,Realflight 8 only makes sense if you already have your RC stuff and/or you have loads of money to spend.

Bricks

Master member
You can get the RealFlight 8 for $99 and pic up your DX9 which is a great radio not only because I have it....snicker it just is. Since RealFlight 8 is out I am sure there will not be much for support for 7.5. I have the RealFlight 7.5. If you want Phoenix I have it too if you are interested I have a DX4E that goes with it I would be willing to sell.

davidkdk

You can get the RealFlight 8 for $99 and pic up your DX9 which is a great radio not only because I have it....snicker it just is. Since RealFlight 8 is out I am sure there will not be much for support for 7.5. I have the RealFlight 7.5. If you want Phoenix I have it too if you are interested I have a DX4E that goes with it I would be willing to sell.

Thanks. I'm leaning toward getting TowerHobbies RF8 HHE Download, the 22 in 1 dongle and cables, and the DX9. Then I'll just use the DX9 for both sims. I was a bit concerned about wearing out the DX9... but that probably won't happen.

TowerHobbies seems to be the only place that carries the RF8 Download.

davidkdk

Thanks Bricks. I can't see a download option on the HH site... but RF and Tower will sure do it. Appreciated.