RealFlight PhotoField... First attempt

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Took a really rough set of pano pics a few months back at the local field with horrible Dusk lighting. Finally got around to stitching them together today and doing a quick attempt at a RealFlight Photo Field. Pretty shoddy results, but hey, it's a step in the right direction. Have a gee nifty wiz bang piece of hardware on the way that will automagically rotate the camera and trigger the shutter. So I will be playing with this much more in the near future with the end goal of getting up to EdgeWater sometime soon to catch a few nice Panos there.

First Lame attemp:
1597713374530.png

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You can also do this with a cheap 360 camera. They also auto stitch the image and save it as a panoramic still shot. Its the embedded codes that allow for the 3d rotation.

I am fighting with the coding myself right now to post a wedding video I did for my nephew with a insta 360 air they got me specifically to film for them since I also did the wedding pics for them.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yeah, using my DSLR for higher resolution/detail. I want to see the nose hair of the horse standing behind me!

LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The panoramic picture is the easy part. setting all the occlusions around things to crash on is the "fun" part unless you dont want realistic settings where you could fly up said horses nose to "trim" those hairs hehehehe

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The panoramic picture is the easy part. setting all the occlusions around things to crash on is the "fun" part unless you dont want realistic settings where you could fly up said horses nose to "trim" those hairs hehehehe
I'm hoping to recruit my son for the 3D modeling part. He has been building virtual golf courses for several years using LIDAR data maps. He's really in to golf, so he may think it's sacrilege to defile a Golf course though.....

Going to have to build an FT Gremlin flying nose hair trimmer so I can practice trimming the horse.

LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I was trying to do this same thing with my Reflex XTR so I could fly on the computer the same places I can fly in real life. I was even working on a heli mod to be re-skinned as a quad quadcopter so I could actually race my own gates in the sim. There is a whole pdf manual to show how its all done. I should return to that at some point now I have that 360 camera and see what I can come up with. At least get a shot of the field when the sun is good with all the gates in place and no one around to be in the picture.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
¡Use the people as gates!

:mad:What do you have against my ankle bonez? First you wanted to fly a 550 between them and now you want them used as race gates. You know I have enough trouble gettin around as it is.:devilish: I dont need stubby legs hacked off by race quadz.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would not be against making a tiny whoop track with my mini gates and making it so I can fly under the table like I did in that one video I posted but getting a panorama down that low to be able to do the inclusions for the gates could be a bit of a struggle. Im not even sure if XTR has an in cockpit view to do FPV with come to think of it.

Me thinks I need to get out the TX and dongle and go find out.... BBL

LitterBug

Techno Nut
So, started looking more into taking "good" panoramic photos, and learned a few new things. Parallax and lens Nodal point to be specific. Good video explaining parallax it and how to correct for it. (cuz I DEFINATELY had a parallax issue on my previous attemp)

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thats one of the reasons I suggested the insta 360 go. The software it uses to stitch takes all that into account and seems to work with it nicely I have not noticed any wired distortions in the few things I have tried when learning how it all works. For 42 bucks its worth the investment for something like you are working on.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hmmm. but then my ever curious self would not have more to learn. I've thought about getting one of those, but I've also thought about finishing my 650 heavy lift quad and doing some serious aerial photography. Be kinda fun to do a super high res pano @ 400'. Also with a full spectrum camera so you can do IR/UV panos. Also thought about using this pano head in conjunction with a SDR so I can do radio survey work.

LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
So.... This
MatrixCrack.png

Is this a glitch in the Matrix, or Do I really have oval wheels, jagged fender alignment, a powerline tower tree, Power lines merging at said tree, and a piece of wood tacked on my wheel opening?

Not really... these are some examples of the problems you get with stitching photos together when you pivot your lens at a point other than the convergence (nodal) point. Parallax issues....

Cheers!
LitterBug