Help! receiver bound but betaflight not receiving inputs

Tom26

i am using the OrangeRx 2.4Ghz DD16n Nano receiver and the betafpv Toothpick F405 2-4S AIO Brushless Flight Controller 20A (BLHELI_32) V4.
the green light on my receiver is solid and my transmitter is responding to the receiver turning of but betaflight is receiving no inputs.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
What version of the firmware did you flash? What are your serial port settings in BetaFlight? What are your receiver settings in BetaFlight?

Tom26

Screenshot 2023-04-14 075655.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-14 075555.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-14 075555.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Change SBUS to a Spektrum protocol on the receiver tab. The Orange RX does not use SBUS.

Let us know how it goes
LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Ok. So SBUS was correct originally. Can you post a picture where the Rx is attached to the board? Did you solder the pads together on the flight controller to select SBUS?
i used frsky because on its specs it says Protocol: D16US/EU FrSky

Tom26

it is hard to take out as it is a weird frame it is attached to the plug on the top left of the pictures

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Need to see a picture of the board to see if the RX pads next to the arrow at the front of the board are soldered correctly

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I've found the new BF confgurator and flash process to be a bit clunky. I had problems with the RXes after updating a few boards. Turns out it was not including all the modules and protocols I needed. I downloaded the "full" firmware directly from the releases section on GitHub rather than letting the updater configure and build it. That fixed my "new" rx issues

Tom26

thats how i download betaflight do i need to download the firmware to flash onto the board from github