Receiver doesn't turn on...?

bladeofjae

To be honest, I have no idea on why this isn't working. I have done all the proper work to bind and everything, yet the receiver doesn't seem to turn on or light on in any way. Currently I'm using an AR610 receiver with the DXe transmitter.

Does anybody know why this would happen?

quorneng

Master member
Are you sure the receiver is actually getting any power?
If the rx is doing nothing at all then that has to be the first consideration.
It could simply be a bad connection.
How is the rx powered? From the ESC's internal BEC?

By far the easiest way to check anything like this is to substitute each component one at a time but that of course assumes you have suitable 'spares' of everything. ;)

bladeofjae

Are you sure the receiver is actually getting any power?
If the rx is doing nothing at all then that has to be the first consideration.
It could simply be a bad connection.
How is the rx powered? From the ESC's internal BEC?

By far the easiest way to check anything like this is to substitute each component one at a time but that of course assumes you have suitable 'spares' of everything. ;)

This is my current setup... do you notice anything wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_2867.JPG
    IMG_2867.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Beavis

Looks correct to me. Signal wire on the esc lead (yellow) is in the right place. Start with battery unplugged, and transmitter off. Plug in your bind plug on port 1. Connect your battery to energize the ESC and receiver. With transmitter throttle control at zero and/or throttle cutoff switch engaged, hold the bind button while turning on the transmitter power switch. Release bind button when the transmitter makes an ascending happy tone. You should see LED activity on your rx if the bind was successful. Once the rx binds with your receiver successfully, then you can pull the bind plug. The rx will from now on recognize your tx, and binding again should not be required.

Has this rx/tx combo been bound successfully in the past?

If this doesn't work, then it is being caused by either the tx, the rx, or the esc. Do you have other rx's or esc's to verify operation of any components?

quorneng

Master member
That looks fine so
Either the volts are not getting out of the battery.
Or the BEC in the ESC has failed.
Or the AR610 has failed.
Unless you can substitute each of these items one at a time about the cheapest alternative is a simple servo tester. Apart from being able to test servos it also acts as a simple volts tester.
BECtest.JPG

No blue LED and you know there is no output from the power source.
This is my actual 'bench test' set up I use to make sure any motor or servos actually work immediately before and after installation in a plane.

donalson

I was testing things with my ESC the other day on a lemon RX... for some reason it not seeing a motor made it so the ESC didn't have the LED going on the RX for some reason... I could get LEDs to show up with the bind plug though... ended up the motor that was plugged in has a bad lead on it (need to test and resolder stuff)

tossed on another motor and it worked.

Bricks

Master member
Did you check your battery voltage, if to low receiver will not show as working would go into failsafe mode (shut down). If you have a volt meter could check the pins from the esc.

bladeofjae

Looks correct to me. Signal wire on the esc lead (yellow) is in the right place. Start with battery unplugged, and transmitter off. Plug in your bind plug on port 1. Connect your battery to energize the ESC and receiver. With transmitter throttle control at zero and/or throttle cutoff switch engaged, hold the bind button while turning on the transmitter power switch. Release bind button when the transmitter makes an ascending happy tone. You should see LED activity on your rx if the bind was successful. Once the rx binds with your receiver successfully, then you can pull the bind plug. The rx will from now on recognize your tx, and binding again should not be required.

Has this rx/tx combo been bound successfully in the past?

If this doesn't work, then it is being caused by either the tx, the rx, or the esc. Do you have other rx's or esc's to verify operation of any components?

The transmitter makes a sad, descending tone with two beeps.

Yes, this rx/tx combo worked.. That's why I'm so confused..

bladeofjae

Did you check your battery voltage, if to low receiver will not show as working would go into failsafe mode (shut down). If you have a volt meter could check the pins from the esc.

I purchased the battery yesterday, so I don't think it should be dead... Does that happen?

w1lp33

Did you charge the battery after purchasing it? Or just take it out of the box and plug it in? The voltage could have been low out of the box perhaps?

bladeofjae

Did you charge the battery after purchasing it? Or just take it out of the box and plug it in? The voltage could have been low out of the box perhaps?

I just plugged it in.. Does it require a charger?

At this situation, purchasing additional components is annoying in general as I need it to ship to my country, which takes a month or so..

w1lp33

Generally batteries don't come fully charged, they come usually at storage voltage or 3. 7v per cell, although I would think that should still be enough to power that receiver... But regardless, generally you need to fully charge a new battery before use.

Any chance you have a battery voltage checker? I would check what voltage your battery is at.

bladeofjae

Generally batteries don't come fully charged, they come usually at storage voltage or 3. 7v per cell, although I would think that should still be enough to power that receiver... But regardless, generally you need to fully charge a new battery before use.

Any chance you have a battery voltage checker? I would check what voltage your battery is at.

Unfortunately, I don't have a battery voltage checker..

What is compatible with the Tattu 850mAH 75C?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Any standard battery checker will work, typically they use the balance lead to check each cell individually.

If you don't have one, just go ahead and charge your battery (you have a charger right?)

DamoRC