Receiver Input not showing up, Low Voltage on ESC Signal - Naze32

ludwant

Hello,

I've been having some weird issues with my quad... when I hook up my Naze32 to Cleanflight and go to the receiver tab, it shows that there is no receiver input. However, when I arm and use the controls, everything works as expected, so the Naze is getting and interpreting receiver input correctly, just not showing it in Cleanflight. Also, on motor port 1, the signal pin has a significantly lower voltage than the other motor signal pins, and the motor connected to that pin doesn't run.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing these? Could I (god forbid) be in need of a new FC?

I'm using an FrSky XSR with a Turnigy 9X v2 and a FrSky XJT module.

ludwant

Here's the Naze:
Naze.jpg
Cleanflight:
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 8.39.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 8.41.31 PM.png

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I think you want to redo a bunch of those solder joints, there is an excessive amount of bare wire showing. This can cause all kinds of shorts, which can mess with the copters behavior (best case) or cause permanent damage. The ground wire on motor 1 appears to be shorted to the component above it in the picture. Even if there is some vertical separation, that can change quickly in a crash or hard landing.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Also looks like there might be a stray strand on motor 4 wire reaching to and or touching the connection next to it. I agree with Sean as well to shorten those bare wires. You want the insulation nearly touching the pad. If the covering keeps shrinking or melting that is a sure sign your iron is wayyy to hot. If you have really good really fine wire cutters you can solder on top of the pads and clip the excess wire sticking past the solder joint off. If not pre clip the tinned wire to where 1 to 1.5 mm is showing to make the connections.

ludwant

Wow, it ended up being a stupid mistake. I forgot to disconnect the Rx and Tx wires that go from the Naze to the OSD, and since they use the same serial port as the USB port, every time I powered up the quad, the USB connection would cut out... The ESC port still does not work for motor 1 though :(