Recently Started Flight Training!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Brett, sorry I didn't read your post with questions in it earlier. I'm in a Cessna 152 (cheaper lessons than in the 172) and loving every minute of it. I had the opportunity to fly up to KOSH last weekend (dual) and practice landings on 9-27. It's going to be fun flying into Airventure next year. I'll be going up (solo) to KOSH hopefully this weekend.

brettp2004

I've flown several times since getting my pilots license. But last Sunday I got to get a little stick time in a Piper Cub! It was pretty awesome. My first time flying a tail dragger too. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 4

youbecha

Pilot skills vanish over time if not constantly exercised. As a pilot you never stop learning, and you never know everything. A way to keep flying is to get someone else to pay for it...until you earn enough money to fly your own plane...personally I have always let the company pay for my flying...I have no desire to have my own airplane...different strokes for different folks.

For everyone else out there wondering if they can be a pilot...everyone can go out and learn to operate an aircraft...not everyone can afford all the ratings, not everyone will be able to pass the physical to get a licence...not everyone will have the motivation to continue training through the hard times when it seems you aren't progressing...but everyone can get out there and operate the controls of an aircraft in flight.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Gazoo

Brett, sorry I didn't read your post with questions in it earlier. I'm in a Cessna 152 (cheaper lessons than in the 172) and loving every minute of it. I had the opportunity to fly up to KOSH last weekend (dual) and practice landings on 9-27. It's going to be fun flying into Airventure next year. I'll be going up (solo) to KOSH hopefully this weekend.

So, how is the flying going? Looks like the post is fairly old. Did you get to KOSH?

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Certainly did. We've been having a bout of bad weather around the area recently, so I haven't been able to finish quite yet. I'm actually supposed to by taking my check ride this week, but with the forecast being the way it is I'm not especially confident. I've got probably about 15 hours of solo time in as well.

Gazoo

Certainly did. We've been having a bout of bad weather around the area recently, so I haven't been able to finish quite yet. I'm actually supposed to by taking my check ride this week, but with the forecast being the way it is I'm not especially confident. I've got probably about 15 hours of solo time in as well.

I know how it is. I'm up in Green Bay (KGRB). I can't get out during the week except for after work and then it's dark. Weather is crappy. I'm going to save all of my flying for when the weather improves. And, more daylight.

I finished up at Sporty's Pilot Shop (I69) down in Cincinnati last summer. I took a week off and just hammered it out.

Best of luck to you. I suppose you will be flying into KOSH for the class D requirement. I have never gotten into KOSH except for driving there for Airventure. Flying in for Airventure seems pretty intimidating.

Again, good luck with the checkride!