Recievers

TaylorKoehn

Hi, I was wondering what type of receiver was used in the Long EZ build video. I am thinking about purchasing the plane, and would like to know what you guys used.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Probably a spectrum ar400 or ar610, but you can use whatever type you want as long as the tx and rx can work together. I personally use Spektrum but I am considering switching to Frsky.

TaylorKoehn

Probably a spectrum ar400 or ar610, but you can use whatever type you want as long as the tx and rx can work together. I personally use Spektrum but I am considering switching to Frsky.
Oh ok, thank you for your response. I am currently using a Frsky and relatively new to the hobby and I just had some questions.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
FrSky has a goof reputation and is quite a reliable and capable radio system. Just pay attention to antenna placement during the build and you should have no radio related problems!

Have fun!

Mode 1

I recently asked this myself. It's not problem. The model settings are saved in the transmitter so i've been able to swap receivers around as needed. There may be other bits of info that i'm sure someone else can clarify better than I.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Another question I have is everybody's thoughts on switching a receiver between multiple planes.
You can do it but it is not as simple as it was in the old days.

In the old days you carefully set throws, servo directions, and Differential mechanically as there was no programmable features in the radio system. If you needed to apply trim you would adjust the plane to allow you to re-centre the trims. Thus any Rx would function well in your plane.

With modern radio systems if you want to swap Rxs between planes then you will effectively need to reprogram the Tx each and every time. You will need to know what the Tx settings you will need for each plane and which servos need to be reversed.

I tried it for a while and quickly realized that it was NOT for me! I go to the field to fly not demonstrate my skills at setting up a plane from scratch. Some of my planes have rather extreme settings and if I was to forget something I could have a disaster very quickly. Currently I go to the field pick a plane fit a battery and away I go! But then I do have a separate Rx for each plane I fly!

Just my opinions of course!

Have fun!

Mode 1

Thanks for clarifying that Hai. So, in my case was it sheer luck that I didn't have any problem? If all of the model settings are saved in the TX wouldn't that be enough? I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks.

d8veh

Elite member
Frsky receivers are relatively expensive. If you're thinking of having several planes in the future, it would be worth getting a 4in1 module for your Taranis so you can use the very cheap receivers. In the FT planes, I use these and have no problems at all:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dsm2-6ch-with-case-and-ce-fcc-rcm.html
The 4in1 modules clip in the back of your transmitter and can work with these receivers. They open up all sorts of opportunities for other planes and receivers, and don't cost much. You have the full functionality of your Taranis. The only difference is that it transmits DSMX for that particular receiver/plane. Any other plane will still work seamlessly with a Frsky receiver. Just select it and fly.:
https://www.banggood.com/IRangeX-IR...o7x4PgiWTMe0tiQaAniSEALw_wcB&cur_warehouse=CN