Help! Recomend build for 2212 2200kv motor

fahrulmashabi

I have 2212 2200kv motor with 40A esc and 6035 props and several servos,
Screenshot_2020-08-03-14-51-14-974_com.shopee.id.jpg

I want to build a6m zero with this
images (49).jpeg

And when i search for plans from flite test, most identical shape its refer to FT master series P47
images (51).jpeg

But i dont think motor can handle that size
Can you guys tell me what to do? I really want to build a6m zero
Plus i dont know what battery i should buy in the esc it said can handle 2-3s but I don't know which capacity should i buy
Thanks guys i hope i can find an aswer for my build plan

leaded50

Legendary member
have you tried do a search on a Zero in this group? Someone did build Zeros before here...
That motor can take max a 3s battery, and fits better for a smaller warbird.. eg a 800mm wingspan eg.

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
The 2212 2200kV has a max rating of 12A for 60 seconds so your 40 A ESC is much bigger, and thus heavier, than it needs to be.
To be safe if we assume a continuous motor rating of 10A then on a 3 s you will have just over 100W available. This coupled with the relatively small high speed prop will limit the weight of your plane, remembering it is a warbird, to about 450 g ready to go. This weight would suggest it would have to be in the 800 mm wing span class.
If you had a motor and prop that could make full use of the 40 A ESC then a plane the size of the FT master series P47 would be suitable.

fahrulmashabi

have you tried do a search on a Zero in this group? Someone did build Zeros before here...
That motor can take max a 3s battery, and fits better for a smaller warbird.. eg a 800mm wingspan eg.
the main problem is build plans for the motor etc, the a6m just secondary problem so , my priority is build plans for my electronics

fahrulmashabi

The 2212 2200kV has a max rating of 12A for 60 seconds so your 40 A ESC is much bigger, and thus heavier, than it needs to be.
To be safe if we assume a continuous motor rating of 10A then on a 3 s you will have just over 100W available. This coupled with the relatively small high speed prop will limit the weight of your plane, remembering it is a warbird, to about 450 g ready to go. This weight would suggest it would have to be in the 800 mm wing span class.
If you had a motor and prop that could make full use of the 40 A ESC then a plane the size of the FT master series P47 would be suitable.
so you suggesting i buy another motor and props? can you tell me what size for the motor and props you recomend? and for the battery which cappacity should i build, and if im still using that electronics, if i want to build from P47 master series, how much percentage i should scale it down?

leaded50

Legendary member
bout the P47, original is Wingspan: 47.5 Inches (1206mm) , and here we recommend it as approx 800mm for your 2212 2200kV motor. It should be quite common calculation. - 35% less get you to approx 800mm.

Miniac RC did made a mini P.47 plans though, should be possible find here.

Last edited:

fahrulmashabi

bout the P47, original is Wingspan: 47.5 Inches (1206mm) , and here we recommend it as approx 800mm for your 2212 2200kV motor. It should be quite common calculation. - 35% less get you to approx 800mm.

Miniac RC did made a mini P.47 plans though, should be possible find here.
thanks for the answer lastly, how about the battery which capacity should i buy? 1500/1600 or the 2200 one?

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
ok i think im gonna buy 900mah, and in my place theres thickness choice for depron which thickness should i buy 3mm or 5mm for the plans above?
Depron requires different build techniques than foam board. If that's all you can get to work with you should check out sources from peeps that work with the stuff to see what it will take to get the desired result.

fahrulmashabi

ive already build the zero from this post
but i cant fly the plane just dive down, when i throw with hand even when its full throtle, i think the plane is too small for my electronics, cause its so hard putting all my electronic in the fuselage, especially the esc is so big, so im trying to build sea plane, the simple cub with float, or the sea otter, but the plans is too big i think, and my battery is so small 900mah and the props too just 6045, when the rec is using 9x45, how much should i small it down the plans so its can match perfectly with my electronic? 800mm wing span is enough or its need much smaller ?