• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Recommendation for first flying FT foamie

Hi,

I've built with my daughter two Chuck Gliders and an EZ Glider. So I've got the basics of building down. I've got a Hobby Zone Aeroscout I'm learning to fly with, using the stability mode of the SAFE receiver.

Which DIY plan(s) would you recommend I start with? I belong to a club so have a field to fly in, but I'm hoping to get good enough to fly in a smaller, but closer, soccer field that's currently unused.

Thanks,
Jab

Attachments

Last edited:

KSP_CPA

The tiny trainer would be a great choice, the cub, & explorer would also work.
Agree with any of those, the tiny trainer has swappable noses (powered and chuck glider) along with a 3 channel fixed wing and 4 channel “sport” wing so it is very versatile.

mrjdstewart

explorer is big and not that friendly. i would go simple scout or a basic delta wing design. the cub is great but a tail dragger which takes a little more skill. the mini-scout is an awesome, quick, easy, cheap, platform that i have taught countless kids to fly with. the tiny trainer is great but i would immediatly go to the 4-channel, the 3-channel if not built perfect can have control issues.

also a big fan of the UMX Radian, you will need a Spektrum Tx but you're gonna at some point if you are going to enter the hobby you will need one anyways.

good luck,

me :cool:

I just watched the videos for the Explorer, I like it since it is also a pusher like my Aeroscout.
3AAEBF74-0D42-4F1B-9F42-726AF4FA6E74.jpeg
That plane came with a Spektrum DXe6. I am thinking of putting a compatible Lemon receiver with stability control in what ever I build.

Why don’t you like the explorer mrjdstewart? I appreciate the size since it is easier to see and orient. It also takes the same battery as the Aeroscout.