Recommendation question

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Build her an FT flyer, I've taken off from the floor with one many times. You don't need to hand launch it, as it will fly straight out of your hand with enough throttle. Its an easy plane to fly to and lots of fun. Plus I have had mine for years and after a few tumbles it still looks like I just built it, very robust.

Build her an FT flyer, I've taken off from the floor with one many times. You don't need to hand launch it, as it will fly straight out of your hand with enough throttle. Its an easy plane to fly to and lots of fun. Plus I have had mine for years and after a few tumbles it still looks like I just built it, very robust.
That runs on rubber bands, right?

Corsair714

I built the FT flyer and tried to learn with it and personally did not have much luck with it. aka I crashed and broke my motor and fried the esc(twas very disheartening). It may work for some though. I had much better luck with the TT and then the scout.

I built the FT flyer and tried to learn with it and personally did not have much luck with it. aka I crashed and broke my motor and fried the esc(twas very disheartening). It may work for some though. I had much better luck with the TT and then the scout.
You didn't have the right rubber bands for the FT Flyer. :ROFLMAO:
But you have one of the handsomest planes ever, right there in your avatar.
(Why am I not building with FT brown + black DTFB/cardstock?)

Corsair714

You didn't have the right rubber bands for the FT Flyer. :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha. Ya, that was definitely the problem. Gotta get better rubber bands.

Corsair714

I actually painted that plane up now. I think it looks pretty good. You think the plain plane looks good too? 😂

I actually painted that plane up now. I think it looks pretty good. You think the plain plane looks good too? 😂
For some reason for me some of the handsomest planes I've seen seem to be of FT brown + black. But people seem to have a problem with the color of the brown FB. I've always kind of liked it. I don't mind my toy plane looking like a DIY model plane. :)

Corsair714

For some reason for me some of the handsomest planes I've seen seem to be of FT brown + black. But people seem to have a problem with the color of the brown FB. I've always kind of liked it. I don't mind my toy plane looking like a DIY model plane. :)
I find it looks quite nice as well. That's why it took me a year and a half after building it to actually paint it.

I find it looks quite nice as well. That's why it took me a year and a half after building it to actually paint it.
I'm finishing up my snow skeeter right now. That's got so much fill & sanding on it it WILL be painted. (And should be a candy color in a snowy field.) My next plane is a flying boat, so that should be painted for protection. I swear I'll think about coordinating some black into an unpainted plane asap. But these days I'm enjoying DTFB as much as the brown stuff... Ugh.

Guys, can I build the flying boat of FT brown, and just get away with a polyurethane coat?

Marzipan

@Monte.C paint or skin your plane so it's has a beater plane look like it was built by parts from different one's that were painted different. kinda like your hodgepodge cars where the door or fender or hood, etc are a dif color than what the vehicle is. :LOL:

@Monte.C paint or skin your plane so it's has a beater plane look like it was built by parts from different one's that were painted different. kinda like your hodgepodge cars where the door or fender or hood, etc are a dif color than what the vehicle is. :LOL:
Ok I'll paint nicks and scrapes and dents and wrinkles so it looks the same coming home as it looked going out. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mastermalpass

Elite member

I do think the FT MS planes look nice with their almost-satin brown finish. It's just a really nice base layer. My depron comes without paper - which I like 'cause it saves a stage when sanding everything, but it doesn't look quite as nice unpainted.

I do think the FT MS planes look nice with their almost-satin brown finish. It's just a really nice base layer. My depron comes without paper - which I like 'cause it saves a stage when sanding everything, but it doesn't look quite as nice unpainted.
I cheated the system a couple times, just adding some color for stripes or trim colors. But I suppose that's done often. I sure didn't invent it!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
You where obviously very un-lucky, I had great fun with the FT Flyer and although the TT does fly better :unsure: well marginally. I would say flying an FT Flyer, is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.