Recommended Battery Brands?

earthsciteach

I know that so many batteries are branded under various names. Have you found a favorite/more reliable brand? I've been knocking off batteries like a serial killer lately. The reserves need to be restocked!

I've had luck with many different brands. The one that has been REALLY inconsistent for me is the Sky Lipo and Blue Lipo sold by Nitroplanes. The ones that work are great, but I'm running at about a 25% out of box failure rate.

What is your "go to" brand?

sandblaster

I've had really good experience with the Turnigy of as late. The very first ones had problems but HK has stepped up the QC and have had great experience with them since. The Nano-Tech are great if one needs that kind of punch or constant voltage. I think they are worth it. With the US warehouse they are a great deal.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I'm only buying The Turnigy Nanotechs and HobbyPartz Gensace. My batteries see some pretty hard use (abuse?). I still have two or three Zippy packs that have survived over one year but I don't use them much anymore, sometimes I use them for slow flyers that don't have a high amp draw.

Both of Nanos and the Gensace compare well to high end packs and are pretty close in price. Look for sales at HobbyPartz, they go on sale often. I haven't had a failure on any of these yet.

Now that HK has them in the US warehouse, you can get the nanos in about a week. It was a good deal when they were still offering the one cent shipping!

I can get the Gensace in about three days and HobbyPartz does free shipping for orders over 50 dollars.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I cast my vote for turnigy. I only run turnigy and haven't had any reason to doubt them. All my ultra micros up to my big helicopter. I recently tried the nano tech when I needed the kick and so far so good.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I've been looking into replacing a bunch of my batteries too and was looking at Gensace and Nanotech. I've actually read only good reviews of Gensace but the Nanotech reviews are hit or miss.

This being said, so far I've only used the rugular Turnigy, Zippy Flightmax, and blue/sky lipo from NP. I've had no problems with any of these (all 20c) except for one 3s turnigy had a dead cell and wouldn't charge right out of the box.

From what I've read, the Nanotech lipos' C rating is listed higher than the actual C rating. The Gensace lipos listed C rating is LOWER than the actual C rating, meaning the GensAce 25c battery is actually around 45c approx.

There's a bunch of comparisons on google

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...ourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=gensace+vs+nanotech

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Since I decided to only use the 35-70C and 45-90C Turnigy NanoTechs I never had a puffy lipo and the performance of my planes increased a lot. I also have good experience with the Rhino 40C lipo's but wanted to stay with one brand.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
A friend of mine has some Rhino's and they seem to be the same quality as the turnigy's I have in the same size. No problems so far. Check the flite test episode where they ruin a thunder power battery and the nano tech is fine plus it out performed the thunder power.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
The argument with the Nanotech vs. Thunderpower is that the Nanotech is only good for an average of 50+ cycles before it starts not holding a charge as long. Where as they say the Thunderpower is good for well over 150+ charges before there's any loss. The same test needs to be performed after there have been 50 charge/discharge cycles.

This being said, i'll never buy a TP battery b/c you can buy like four Turnigy's for the price of one TP...

You have to wonder how many different manufacturers their actually are. Lots of products like these are contracted to just a handful of manufactures. That being said I do feel that we have had the best performance from the Nanotech's.

Jay

The argument with the Nanotech vs. Thunderpower is that the Nanotech is only good for an average of 50+ cycles before it starts not holding a charge as long. Where as they say the Thunderpower is good for well over 150+ charges before there's any loss. The same test needs to be performed after there have been 50 charge/discharge cycles.

This being said, i'll never buy a TP battery b/c you can buy like four Turnigy's for the price of one TP...

Good point!